Eliminating Stock Dialer

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to permanently delete the stock dialer? Whatever dialer app I use.. (Rocket Dialer, exDialer, etc.) the stock dialer always manages to rear its bland and unattractive head... mostly when I disconnect a call (or when I have to use the keypad during the call) it reverts back to the stock dialer.
Is there a way to completely eliminate it??
Thnx!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not unless you root, and even then, I think 3rd party dialers still use the stock one functions to, well, function. You might try to freeze it and see if that works (instead of deleting the whole thing) but I think you might also need root for that.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The other dialer apps are just "skins", a different GUI and some actually do a better job of providing missing features in the OEM dialer app.

Verizon totally destroyed the stock dialer with the new 4.4.4 update.

I installed exDialer to regain my Favorites List again, VZW converted the list into a funky and useless pictorial layout and no way to read the names. No picture, you don't have a clue.

also exDialer has a very nice feature that allows you to type the name alphabetically.... by the time you get in 3 or 4 characters, up come all of the Contacts that have that partial name. With this feature, I never look at a Contacts List again. I just type 'joe' or 'harry' and all of the 'joe's come up, or all the guys with names starting with 'harr'

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney