I have an S5 and haven't had any issues with it until now. I was in Puerto Rico recently and saw that my display clocks on my home screen and the task bar above were not syncing. The home screen clock displayed the correct time for the time zone, the task bar clock displayed the time in my home time zone. This never happened before and I travel a lot throughout the continental US.

Also when I wanted to set my alarm to wake me up, I had to set it according to my home time zone. That's a lot of math for someone to do while on vacation.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    12-18-2014 10:29 AM
    Hello,

I had the same problem with my Samsung S4 when I arrived on the island a few days ago. My clock eventually synchronized - several hours later! I had the same problem with my HTC Sensation 4G a year ago. I called T-Mobile and stopped by a local store. They told me to set the time manually. I find this very annoying. If you hear of anything please post something!

Thanks!
    12-24-2014 04:05 PM
    Well indeed you have to set it manually especially if you're going places. I'm sure some units (not specifically android) would do it automatically but that actually depends on where you are and your network provider. It's the cell site's fault for not updating your phone with the current time.

My boss came from an overseas trip once and bitched about this same issue. I also explained the same, he restarted his phone and dunno how long but the time just magically syncd also several hours later. That's the end of it.
    12-24-2014 07:50 PM
    Under settings select "date and time" then select "automatic time zone"
    08-03-2015 02:17 PM