Hi hope someone can help with a problem im experiencing with my S5. Whenever I am playing videos on YouTube or downloaded videos on VLC Player or the stock video player everything is fine for a couple of minutes then the sound cuts out whilst the picture continues. I have to force close and restart the app to get sound back or if I pause the video after a while I hear a faint pop in the headphones and then I can unpause with sound. Either way it happens again a few minutes later. If anyone has any ideas it will save my otherwise beloved S5 going out the window! Thanks
    Crizzy Cryzzy likes this.
    12-18-2014 12:23 PM
    Hi!

I have the same problem!
    -Every time when am watching a video on youtube or other apps such as facebook. If there is a video longer than 3 minutes...the sound automatically turns off by it self.
    -I have searched alot about this isue/bug on samsung s5 but i did not find anything,
    and all I find were isues about bloototh, wifi, charging and notification sound problem...but nothing about this isue with the sound.
    -The version of android I have right now is: 4.4.4

I will be verry pleaced if this isue gets solved as quiqly posible.

Thank you!
    Regards Crizzy
    Yeasty_Clutter likes this.
    12-18-2014 05:01 PM
    If it helps I took a screenshot of my android version etc - also want to say that I have tried all the usual fixes ie. Battery pulls, factory reset, clear cache and cache partition etc with no success.

Sound keeps cutting out when playing videos both online and local files-screenshot_2014_12_19_15_02_01.jpg
    12-19-2014 09:07 AM
    Just a quick update I seem to have fixed this problem inadvertently - yesterday I tried out some video splitting software to edit some videos for instagram (DROID splitter, mp4 cutter and vidtrim video editor. I don't remember which but one of the apps automatically downloaded some codecs after I installed it and later I the day I managed to binge on suits season 3 for 6 hours without 1 dropout in the sound. So hopefully if anyone else is experiencing this problem I hope it was just a codec problem and trying the same trick as me might work
    Crizzy Cryzzy likes this.
    12-20-2014 07:05 AM