Hi there.

Ok, so I tried the fingerprint scanner for a bit, but went back to the old-faithful password for extra security.
    After resetting my security with a new password, I promptly went about my business and forgot it again straight away. Could I have locked my phone after spending the day trying incorrect password attempts by any chance? Or have I managed to have just forgotten it?

So now I'm locked out of my phone, and I don't want to do a factory reset until I've retrieved the pictures, music, contacts etc etc from the phone, if possible.

I've looked into Android Device Manager, but I don't have it setup on my phone, besides, I can't get internet/wifi coverage while it's locked.

So is there any way to retrieve my data before a factory reset?
    What if I took/sent it to the service provider - would they be able to unlock without wiping it?

As the title says, the touch screen is starting to randomly wig-out, refusing to work: leaving me with only the buttons to work with. So, kinda dubious on hardware/sofware faults, or, being hacked (possible?) - pretty ready to factory-reset, and/or just bin it as is.

What's the chances of retrieving all my stuff before doing so?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    - Cheers
    12-21-2014 01:22 AM
    Hi there.

Ok, so I tried the fingerprint scanner for a bit, but went back to the old-faithful password for extra security.
    After resetting my security with a new password, I promptly went about my business and forgot it again straight away. Could I have locked my phone after spending the day trying incorrect password attempts by any chance? Or have I managed to have just forgotten it?
    If you have a samsung account, you can use samsung's website to get the passcode/password. If your device is original, then you can go to samsung with the receipt and a proof of purchase and I think they'll get you in.
    12-21-2014 02:56 AM