Gallery not reading IMG_ and IMG- files

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Greetings all.

So after a couple of years, I finally got a friend of mine to get rid of his Blackberry and get an Android phone. He decided to go with the Galaxy S5. Not a bad choice for a first Android device.

Now, he copied a bunch of pictures from his Blackberry over to his S5, but the gallery won't find them. If we go into file manager and locate them, they will open, it's just that the gallery app won't see them. What we found is all his Blackberry images start with either "IMG_" or IMG-". If we rename the file and remove the dash or the underscore, the photo then appears in the album folder in the gallery app.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

wesyates

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I can verify this as well, in addition on my Galaxy S3 I have the same issue. I cannot have any images with 'IMG" as the first three letters of the filename regardless of "-" or "_".

I have seen this on some images that I copied over from other sources (digital camera, online) and can say that this may be an issue with either Kit Kat or the carrier's image of the OS. Mine is Verizon. Others include T-Mobile as well as Sprint. This leads me to believe this is an issue with the Gallery app embedded in the OS.

Mine is Verizon, Galaxy S3, Kit Kat.

-Wes Yates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol