Suddenly, only one channel works with headphones. Tried several pairs that work well on other devices. Any advice on how to fix problem?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2015 10:03 AM
    Does it not work at all? My right channel has very quiet distorted audio.

01-01-2015 11:46 AM
    TheMonkeyDonkey, that's it exactly. One channel clear, good sound. Other static, crackling noise with nearly no sound of music.

01-01-2015 12:06 PM
    I've disabled the equalizer, and I don't have this problem with bluetooyh so it looks like this is a hardware problem...

Something interesting I've just noticed: when I move the sound balance setting (in the accessibility settings) all the way to the left I still get some distorted sound coming out of the right earbud, which is odd because all the sound should be going to the left earbud at that point.

01-01-2015 12:23 PM
    When I changed equilizer setting, is when it started. I went back and pressed reset but no change. Am I doing it correctly?

01-01-2015 03:40 PM
    Have you had any luck finding what the problem is?

I don't think the equaliser is the problem as I've moved everything back to default settings and it didn't make a difference.

I've noticed that the static doesn't stop immediately when I stop playing music, it stops about 10 seconds afterwards. The loudness of the static noise is also independent of the music volume. Actually, even if the volume is turned all the way down, there's still static as long as music is playing. I don't think a faulty headphone jack or something like that could cause this... Could it be a faulty DAC?

I've tried returning my phone but I was told Samsung doesn't offer any warranty... strange.
    01-05-2015 08:52 AM
    The S5 is warranted for 1 year through the manufacturer. My wife just had hers (7 months old) replaced through Verizon. All we paid for was the overnight shipping.

I am having the same problem with only the left channel active through the earphones, so I might be returning mine soon.
    01-05-2015 11:01 AM