Loud Alarms

anon(8114070)

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I need a variety of loud alarm tones. For my S5 I retrieved from my S4 the Baby2 alarm tone and it meets my needs but I want more tones. I've downloaded various tones and even used Wavepad by NCH to increase the volume. In fact I increased the volume several times by repeated saves increasing the amplitude by four each time but still it was not enough. Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, the speaker in a phone is a tiny thing, and driving it too hard (really loud volume) doesn't increase the volume, it just increases the distortion.

Second, just do what you've been doing. My hearing isn't what it used to be (I wear two of the most powerful digital hearing aids available, and I'm still hard of hearing with them), but raising the volume to max in Ringtone Maker or Audacity (on the PC) usually gives me enough ringtone volume to scare me when the phone is in my pants pocket and I'm wearing a down parka over it - and no hearing aids. Half the people in Walmart can hear my phone ring. (I prefer quiet notifications, but they'll work the same - my ringtone as a notification tone is just as loud.)

The attached file is about as loud as I can get it without severe clipping.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If you are using an S5, then it has a delay in turning on the volume to max.

For the Ringer, I use Disable Increasing Ring to "fix it". * Disable Increasing Ring - Android Apps on Google Play

For the Alarm Clock, I use Alarm Clock Plus * Alarm Clock Plus★ - Android Apps on Google Play

because it specifically has a setting to Over-Ride the system volume levels.

I also have severe hearing loss in the order of -25 dB and -35 dB....
$8,000 later and I can "almost understand" most conversations.

but, would the rest of you NORMAL PEOPLE please please start pronouncing your words correctly, and accentuate the 'T', 'S', 'H', 'B', 'V'.... consonants?? they all sound alike to us disabled fokkers.

and while on this subject, would all of you NORMAL PEOPLE please stop alluding to innuendos? It is a horrible mangled mess to those who cannot understand what you are saying in the first place.... much less, try to interpret a slang expression.

I hate it when my wife switches thoughts, she never makes a full sentence, she just spouts off incomplete phrases and I am supposed to know that she is no longer talking about the same subject material. I have learned to just totally ignore her period, until she FACES ME, AND SPEAKS CLEARLY....

Okay, back to the S5.... that darn thing cannot speak clearly period, the speaker is too small to move any air, and anything that requires a tiny bit of BASS or LOW PITCH is totally lost for us w/o good ears.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Not really on the subject, but I've lost the sound on notifications in MAILBOX. All other notifications work fine. Any suggestions?

Mario

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781