email exchange error help

shiggins316

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm getting the error in the stock email app when trying to create a new email using my works email address.
Security warning: there are problems with security certificate for this site.
I then click continue and get this message.
Setup could not finish : unable to open connection to server. Security error occurred.

I have checked my security updates and it's all up to date. Is this a problem on my end or is it the how the exchange is set up to screw over android users at work? I have checked for a notification while doing it by scrolling down from the top and nothing is there.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is the security certificate on the server. Some email programs ignore the error, or allow you to tell them to ignore it. The default Android email app doesn't - it takes security seriously, as it should. Talk to the Exchange administrator (and hope he's more than a clerk assigned to "administer" the server).

shiggins316

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
The problem is the security certificate on the server. Some email programs ignore the error, or allow you to tell them to ignore it. The default Android email app doesn't - it takes security seriously, as it should. Talk to the Exchange administrator (and hope he's more than a clerk assigned to "administer" the server).

Thanks for the advise. I will let the man know. Does anyone know exactly what he has to do to fix this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12