Why does my Galaxy S5 have a yellowish green tint when dim?

westyy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S5 ; Brightness Screen color issue , Yellowish Green tint when dim

Hey guys ; looking for abit of help .. Im not really sure what the hell is going on with my S5 ?

K , yesterday . The phone was working perfectly , after I plugged the phone to charge then this all started ( if your wondering ; the charger is the factory Samsung charger , came with the phone )

Yeahh ; I noticed after I left it to charge ! The screen had changed , it was like it had a yellow / greenish tint . I found out when I increase the brightness to full , the color goes back to normal but when I dim the brightness ; instead of going dimmer or darker , the color changes . There's a different array of colors , it starts of with dark green then to orange , red , dark red before finally dimming at a dark blue .. Its really pointless since I cant see **** half the time when this colors are there and who wants to view their screen in full brightness all the time .. Really desperate for some help ; taken it down to a local phone repair store ; they were clueless themselves , they said they could reprogramm the phone which I doubt will work ..

If you've recovered from this same problem with an S5 ; please help me out .. The phone is literally brand new ; just got exactly a week ago ! Its probably a hardware !

Help a brother out please !

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 ; Brightness Screen color issue , Yellowish Green tint when dim

Hello westyy....I answered you in AAQ. In case you don't look in there again, I'll just add here that since the S5 has (I believe) got colour adjustment in Accessibility, if somehow that comes into it and has got messed up, a factory reset might be worth considering. Just a thought and now I'll leave you in the capable hands of the S5 users. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

westyy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Hahahaha ; I did check and reply to the other one also ! Anyway yes , I had a look in Accesibility , checked out 'colour adjustment' ; didn't even have it enable along with Negative Colors . Basically ; I've played around with whole phone , theres nothing wrong at all with the system ; its just that issue when I slide the brightness slider instead of dimming or going darker ; it actually changes color and whennI set the brightness to Auto ; there's like a yellow / greenish tint ..

Like I said in the other post regarding the factory reset ; I did .. I was so desperate to have this sorted out , I tried everything I could think of ! I even lost all my music in the process just because I thought there was something that could have stuffed up the phone through one of the recent downloads ..

Blake Rogers

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue, I thought it was related to the lollipop update, but it appears yours doing it prior to that. I realize this is an old thread, Westy , were you able to get it fixed? I'm going to see if I can fix it today, and if I do I'll post details.

android_user0

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

I know how to fix this. It is because you have your display setting to auto adjust screen tone and also have it on adapt display.

withwing

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

I've got the exact same problem. It's been 2 month and it gets even worst and worst.

Karyn Ellis

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

hello! Did you find a solution for your yellow screen???

Martha, I have had this problem for a while now and finally took my phone to the manufacturer's store. It's an LCD problem. The chip isn't seated properly, making the screen all sorts of wonky colors. If your phone is still in warranty, they will send you a new phone.

westyy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Sorry for not replying to any of the comments since I started the thread _

Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix the issue _ the phone actually got worse overtime to the point it would load the startup screen with Samsung logo but as soon as the home screen boots up _ the screen goes entirely blank . Had it checked at a local repair store ; they claimed there something wrong with the digitizer or some may call it the LCD's . If you have this issue _ there is no solution other than to have the LCD's replaced . I didn't even waste my time & money for repairs . Just waited till April where I purchased a Galaxy S6 Edge . No regrets so far ; so just save your money and upgrade instead of repairing ! :)

Andre Jack

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with galaxy round..... i think it is software

In my case - and therefore in some other people's cases - it is a software problem. Mine started after the latest update to Lollypop. I had already realized it was a problem that happens when you use the auto adjust screen brightness. I did a factory reset and it did not solve it. In order to test if that was a hardware problem, I rebooted it in safe mode, applied the auto adjust screen brightness and the problem DID NOT appear. I then I rebooted it again, this time did a regular boot, and the problem reappeared. So, it is definitely a software related problem. Question is: which app or system component is causing it.

Ahmed banna

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I have tried safe mode but no good news .... i havent lollipop update for galaxy round....i am using bluelight instead of brightness bar till now... i hope it is not hardware problem

zagryl

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

Hey guys ; looking for abit of help .. Im not really sure what the hell is going on with my S5 ?

K , yesterday . The phone was working perfectly , after I plugged the phone to charge then this all started ( if your wondering ; the charger is the factory Samsung charger , came with the phone )

Yeahh ; I noticed after I left it to charge ! The screen had changed , it was like it had a yellow / greenish tint . I found out when I increase the brightness to full , the color goes back to normal but when I dim the brightness ; instead of going dimmer or darker , the color changes . There's a different array of colors , it starts of with dark green then to orange , red , dark red before finally dimming at a dark blue .. Its really pointless since I cant see **** half the time when this colors are there and who wants to view their screen in full brightness all the time .. Really desperate for some help ; taken it down to a local phone repair store ; they were clueless themselves , they said they could reprogramm the phone which I doubt will work ..

If you've recovered from this same problem with an S5 ; please help me out .. The phone is literally brand new ; just got exactly a week ago ! Its probably a hardware !

Hey, it happened to me when I installed Cyanogen 12.1 on my Samsung S5.

Found the answer under display settings, called LiveDisplay. It is some sort of auto ambient COLOR adjustment type of deal. Hope it helps someone.

fred gonzalez2

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I've read several blogs on this and it seems that the most logical explanation of what's going on is that the LCD screen is slightly detached. I did it with my phone and it worked. If you press down forcefully on your phone on a heard surface it reattaches it. I know it sounds weird but it actually worked. I FIXED MY PHONE!!!

It's the screen detaching from the LCD monitor. Put you phone on a hard surface and press down firmly. This is what I did with my phone and worked perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrodriguezmv

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, same problem here, actually i thought the issue was related with the uber partner app, but i did press a little bit the screen like you said and it works fine now, thanks bro.

hayden obaidy

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site

Hi I tried every where to fix the problem but no hope finally by chance I just pressed on the top of the phone by the speaker and I saw change with the original colors I keep pressed gently tell it works I think the conection of the screen is loses I hope that would help you sorry for my spelling and English not well thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

markbad311

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
It is definitely the LCD / Backlight or the connection of the LCD and Backlight. I can confirm with my SM-G900V

Adapt and Adjust screen tone are not the culprits. Buy a new Digitizer and LCD Replacement. They run about $120-$145. :mad: