help, weird screen issue

Bridey1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I had noticed a lighter gray spot on the top left corner of my phone. I thought the screen protector had just bubbled a little bit. I thought nothing of it till today when I saw it was bigger. I peeled back the screen protector and found something under the glass because it is not something on the surface but under the glass it may be peeling up? My phone has never gotten wet and has the original screen protector and always had a case. I can't figure out how to post a photo. Any ideas what this is?

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Here is the only way I have found as I have issues uploading pics from the app...download Tapatalk and log into Android Central from there. Navigate to this thread, click the + button next to the reply field and attach it using the little paperclip.
That should get it uploaded. It will be stored in your gallery.
If you need anymore help, let me know. To be honest, it may not show up in a screenshot if its something physical, so you may want to take the picture with another camera.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
do you have access to a laptop or desktop?

if so, that makes it easy as pie, but takes a few steps.

First take screenshot,
2nd connect the USB cable and wait a bit, then copy the Screenshot from Phone/Pictures/Screenshots to your PC.

use the PC browser to find this thread, click on REPLY, look down at the bottom of that editor and click on ADVANCED.

now scroll down to where it says Manage Attachments

a new window opens, now click on ADD Files
new window opens, now click on Select Files

now find the screenshot you want.... I rename it so I can find it again, and also so that the uploaded file retains that new name......... makes it a lot easier tomorrow when you want to use that same attachment again.

now click on Upload File.... that window disappears.... now the previous window has a buttom on the lower right labeled DONE.... click that.

If you are happy with what you have typed, click on SUBMIT, and this is what happens next, see the screenshot that comes up here. I just did this step by step for you to get it precisely correct.

Attachments

• Signal Strength.jpg
    Signal Strength.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 40

Bridey1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Do you think it will matter that my charger door is broken? I have the door, it stays on, just not attached. Maybe they will fix that too!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
just be sure that the door is pushed in place, when the phone is returned, they will fix that also.

be sure to enclose a note about the door tab is broken.

valerie3588

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. I just reported it to my career and they are looking into if it is a known issue before I send my phone back. Mine happened two days ago.

Last edited:

Bridey1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Samsung replaced my screen, fixed my charger door, AND replaced the charger port AND even sent me a new charge cord! The last two I didnt even ask for but they thought something was wrong. I noticed the charger port was a little loose. Also they fixed it within 2 days! I could not be happier with Samsung!

evergreen0077

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
that looks like the exact same thing that is going on with my screen. i was just chatting with samsung tech support and they said it was not going to be covered for some reason. the screen just looks like it has an air bubble in the corner of the screen and is peeling away.

Bridey1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I went through the Facebook Samsung support page, they sent me the shipping label, and the phone went to Plano TX. They fixed it, no problem. Maybe give it a try? I was worried it would get worse. If they hadn't fixed mine I was going to try one of those screen replacement places for cracked screens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza