Will the usa see a late January release for lollipop?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It won't be in the 1st quarter of this year.......

the carriers take quite a well to vet out all of their vendor mods to the software.

Unless you know someone inside the AT&T software development division, you will never know in advance.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Not to be rude, just to be honest there are too many threads about this...the best thing to do is just watch the news feed on AC and see what happens. It hasn't been released for US models yet and when that happens like said above...the carriers still have to junk it up :) For most of us, that just means we will have a few crapplications and stuff taken out that was intended by Samsung in the first place...for example, AT&T removed Hands free mode from my phone because they wanted me to use their Drive Mode app. And I think they charge you for it. I hate the crap they pull but every carrier does something.
So in the mean time, just keep an eye on the news feed and the forums. If it pops up, someone will sound the alarm.

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The Lollipop roll out started last month in Europe. Europe is typically one of the first regions to receive major updates like lollipop. After about 2-3 months and assuming no major problems, we should start to see the US carriers start their roll out. I would not expect the US carriers to start their roll out until mid to late March.. Time will tell..

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine whose brother works for a guy who has a stepbrother who is a lawyer. The lawyers wife works as a contractor for one of the major cell carriers. She stated that as far as she knows, it will be late summer before anyone in the USA sees Android 5, and that Sprint will, most likely, be the last to get it.

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine whose brother works for a guy who has a stepbrother who is a lawyer. The lawyers wife works as a contractor for one of the major cell carriers. She stated that as far as she knows, it will be late summer before anyone in the USA sees Android 5, and that Sprint will, most likely, be the last to get it.

The only way I can see it taking that long is if the Regions getting it now start finding significant issues that require major re-work to the firmware.