Where is the zoon in feature on the S-5 camera?

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Photos Using the S-5 camera

Where is the zoom in feature on this phone I have looked everywhere. Is this another hidden feature Ot another software flaw ?

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Photos Using the S-5 camera

I hope someone can find this basic feature I an a Contravtor and I took hundreds of zoom pic's of work details with my old resound ! I thought this phone was a Great leap forward in advances. My last day to return this G-S-5

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I hope someone can find this basic feature I an a Contravtor and I took hundreds of zoom pic's of work details with my old resound ! I thought this phone was a Great leap forward in advances. My last day to return this G-S-5

Pinch to zoom? Pinch in with your fingers.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

You can also change the settings in the Camera app to use the volume buttons on the S5 to zoom in and out. Just select the gear icon with the camera app open and enable the "Audio zoom" option, it is turned off by default. Just keep in mind that the S5, much like 99% of other smartphones out there, uses digital zoom so pictures taken that are zoomed in will smaller in resolution and look worse. You can get away with about a 1.5-2X zoom but I find that pictures taken with a zoom larger than 2X look too blurry and pixelated for me.

You may also want to read up online and watch YouTube videos on how to use the S5 as many of the "flaws" you are coming across aren't actual flaws, that's just how things work with any Android smartphone (i.e. your RAM question). There is a nice page here on AndroidCentral covering some help, tips, and tricks topics.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Or, before asking if this was "another software flaw", you could have read the manual (a quick search of the PDF using the word "zoom" would have found you the answer in under 1 second). Using Google would have gotten you an answer in twice that time.
Google and I don't know what a Contravtor is but Google wondered if perhaps you meant contractor. I seriously didn't think it was a misspelling. Just thought it was a job/profession I'd never heard of.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

It really aggravates me when folks post and whine about a 'flaw' in either hardware or software, and have NOT even bothered to open up the User Manual.

The Samsung S5 PDF manual was the Very First Thing that I searched for, found it, and then I read every page.

* PDF manual from Samsung - Android Forums

* PDF Manual Samsung Galaxy S5 270 page

there is just no excuse for not informing yourself before you hit the airwaves and flaming a product for your perceived failures.

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
rowfl smart

thank You for the information very helpful, I really like the use of the volume control over the screen pinch when shooting, I will save your post. While in this discussion, What is GO ADVANCED on the post Quick Reply screen next to P;ue Post ?

cockie ah

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

thank You for the information very helpful, I really like the use of the volume control over the screen pinch when shooting, I will save your post. While in this discussion, What is GO ADVANCED on the post Quick Reply screen next to P;ue Post ?

Live on the wild side and click on it to find out ;) Hint: it gives you more options for posting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae