Just got my S5

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, Just got my S5 last week and I must say its awesome. Like many of you I was a long time iPhone user (4s, 5, 5s and 6) but grew very bored and frustrated with the restrictions of iOS. My last Android phone was the HTC Evo in 2010 and I have to admit Android has come a LONG way since then. There are a few things I do miss coming from an iPhone like the overall fluidity of iOS and a few apps and games I had that are not available on Android but for the most part im happy I made the switch. I originally went with the Note 4 and while that phone was great it was a little too big so I got the S5 instead which is the perfect size for me. The features, screen, customization all blow iPhone out the water. And expandable memory is one of the main reasons I switched. I was always running out of room and had to delete things on my iPhone but not now. I do have a couple questions though

1) What are some good photo/video editing apps for android? iPhone had so many that worked really well.

2) I see alot of volume boosting apps in the Play store but do any of them actually work? The volume on the S5 is ok but if I could boost the speaker and/or headphone output volume a bit (I take a loud train to work) that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The "speaker" on the S5 is way too small to give any bass response or the middle and lower ranges.
With that thought in mind, the volume increasing apps will just produce more distortion, they will not provide dramatic increases in sound level. The S5 will never "fill the room" with full bodied sound.

that said, you can help it out quite a bit...

I use MacroDroid to create my personal volume requirements each time the phone wakes up. This will correct for inadvertent muting of the phone while being bumped around, in your pocket, on the desk, etc...

MacroDroid also forces the Ringer Volume to maximum when the screen is locked. That ended missed calls.
=> * MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Disable Increasing Ring does away with the S5's super soft 1st ring, then slightly louder 2nd ring, and almost audible 3rd ring..... I have tinnitus and it never goes away.... If I don't hear the phone on the 1st ring, I miss my calls because folks will hang up before the S5 got loud enough for me to hear it. This is a wonderful app...
=> * Disable Increasing Ring - Android Apps on Google Play

I can't help you with the rest of your questions.