My super easy cell phone number is a series of repeating numbers, so I am the reluctant recipient of A LOT of b/u/t/t-dialed calls, especially while I sleep. I turned on Blocking Mode on my Samsung Galaxy S5 so that only numbers that are NOT in my contacts are blocked while I sleep. I thought blocking these calls simply meant that my phone wouldn't ring and that notification sounds would be "silenced" since the setting options control notifications. Does it really mean that all of these b/u/t/t-dialed calls are completely blocked and do not show up in my call log?

Luckily, there are stretches of days when no one b/u/t/t-dials me. I haven't had a b/u/t/t-dial since I enabled Blocking mode, but it's been a few days, so I do not know what it is exactly.

I am happy that accidental b/u/t/t-dialers aren't bothering me at night, but since I thought that they'd still show up in my missed call log, I thought I'd still be able to see who called during the blocking mode. I am now concerned about missing an overnight call from someone who needs to reach in case of a family emergency (e.g., hospital, police department, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Love,
    Your b/u/t/t-dial reformer
    01-08-2015 04:57 PM
    If they're blocked they shouldn't show up. Run a blocking app that has both a white list and a black list, so you can block anyone not in either your contacts or your white list. (Or just add the hospital, police, etc., to your contacts. Or use a Google Voice number and forward that to your cellphone, and give that as an emergency contact number.)
    SCinCA likes this.
    01-08-2015 05:21 PM
    Very smart idea about using my Google Voice number as the emergency contact number. I have one just so that I have a local number, and now I have an extremely good reason to use it more often. Thank you, Rukbat!
    01-08-2015 08:56 PM