Is there a way to add a date to photo on my att s5?
    01-08-2015 08:07 PM
    Does this work for you?

nonie likes this.
    01-08-2015 08:15 PM
    Now I learned something with that.... obviously we need to try ALL of the options....

but, I would prefer a small time stamp that appears on the bottom edge in Yellow like my old Kodak used to do for me.

I just tried what that video shows, and it does apply the stamp, they have some preconfigured styles...
    But, what they do NOT allow you to do is to move the stamp overlay to an optimum position so that the viewed effect is nicer.
    nonie likes this.
    01-08-2015 08:30 PM
    No, mine doesn't have the stamp.
    01-08-2015 08:31 PM
    Yeah, that's what I was hoping for, also. But I did find a date for when the photo was taken, just isn't on photo.
    My phone is att and don't have the stamp.
    01-08-2015 08:34 PM
    How about Camera Timestamp Add-on?
    nonie likes this.
    01-08-2015 08:57 PM
    Just looked at the full demo that dev has, and I really like the way he has set it up.

I think I am going to buy it and come back and yell how bad it is, or brag on it.
    B. Diddy and nonie like this.
    01-08-2015 09:04 PM
    Argh!!!!!

for me, it is almost useless unless I change the way I use my camera.

Currently I have it keep all photos on the SD card, and this * Camera Timestamp Add-on - Android Apps on Google Play

app cannot modify any file on the SD card.... when I tried to stamp the pictures, it popped up a window explaining how Google is not allowing that to happen under 4.x

This might be the straw that breaks the Camel's Back.... my phone needs to be rooted.

but, I am a scardy cat, I can't afford to brick my only working phone.

So, I need to see if ES File Manager can copy the photos.... more frustration ensued, but it was new territory and had to learn what several apps can do at the same time.

I finally got what I want, but you have to learn what is happening.

First I opened up Camera and reset the Storage Location back to Device.

I did a lot of playing around tried time stamping and copying to the SD card a bunch of times....

I discovered that the original photos are NOT modified. They are read, time stamped and then saved into a special directory ..../TimeStamped/......

okay, now I found where they went after they got time stamped...and still on the Device, not the SD card...

Now, I opened up ES File Explorer and a new learning curve took place. Where are the photos? that took a while, they are under ./storage/......./camera

then I had to learn that you Long Press one photo and then that opens up a bunch of click boxes to select from. I only had two pictures so the trial was short....

Once the select boxes were filled, I chose "Copy", that button turned into "Paste".
    ( I wondered where is it going to paste to? )
    well, it did NOT give me a choice, it copied them into the same identical directory on the SD card.

TimeStamp does work, in fact it works pretty damn good and is well worth the $2.69 it cost me.

for some reason, TimeStamp turned the picture over on its' side with the only one I tried tonight.

a lot of learning still yet, but it is late, and I'm way past my bedtime... see ya'll later.
    Sorry ya'll missed out on the late night snack, chocolate cake with chocolate milk... wonder if there is any caffeine in there?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Attached Thumbnails Is there a way to add a date on photos?-20150108_212355_ctsao.jpg  
    nonie likes this.
    01-08-2015 09:56 PM
    Yeah, my photos are on my SD card, not gonna change that, so app wouldn't work for me.
    01-08-2015 10:00 PM
    It seems that the dev for that app is pretty responsive, and updates the app frequently--so I would bet he listens to feedback closely.
    nonie likes this.
    01-08-2015 10:35 PM
    I personally did not like the way apps did it natively, so I upload them to the cloud and then I edit them with a windows based program called FastStone Image Viewer. It has a lot of features, but I only use the rename and date functions.
    nonie likes this.
    01-09-2015 10:00 AM
    I used to use FastStone Image viewer, finally took it off the hard drive last week from disuse.

I much prefer IRFanView
    01-09-2015 01:40 PM
    Hello,

Check out Auto Date Time Stamp on Photo application on play store. I used this app from last few years and totally satisfied with performance of this application. This is the only application which give you felicity to catch photo with your smartphone's inbuilt camera to add date on it.
    05-18-2016 06:51 AM
    Try this new app, app have very best and cool fonts for timestamp..
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imestampphotos
    04-13-2018 04:01 AM