In very simple terms/directions How do I get the immature bubble popping sounds to stop whenever I like something on facebook. I am not 12, I don't think it is cool. I should be able to like a photo of one of my nieces or nephews' kids without annoying everyone around me with that stupid popping sound.
    01-09-2015 10:36 PM
    I heartily agree that is the most obnoxious noise on the phone.
    For me, I turned off Notifications on facebook..

I am very close to just uninstalling the dern thing, it is a time waster and an invite for malware to get on your phone.

slime post up something enticing for you to follow their picture link.
    Oops! you just invited them to install something on your phone.

I've had that happen once already, and I am a very cautious sort... following links is NOT my thing.

the only reason I installed facebook was to follow a couple of friends around the world and my daughter's antics.
    01-09-2015 11:22 PM
    In very simple terms/directions How do I get the immature bubble popping sounds to stop whenever I like something on facebook. I am not 12, I don't think it is cool. I should be able to like a photo of one of my nieces or nephews' kids without annoying everyone around me with that stupid popping sound.
    Open Facebook - menu - App Settings - disable sounds.

I agree with you on the annoyance of the sounds. And since Facebook updates the device outside of the Play Store most often, it's hard to know when the app is updated, and what updates are made to the app.
    01-10-2015 01:28 AM

Umm, there is no "Sounds" selection to choose from.

I can totally turn off Notifications, but that will really cripple the app.... which I just did because I only look at it to see what others have posted. I do not use it as a communications medium.
    01-10-2015 09:26 AM
    Yes, "Sounds" is under the "General" settings, and there is also a "Notifications" area. So you can tailor the settings to get rid of the annoying sounds but keep the notifications you want to receive.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-10-2015 11:13 AM
    Yes, "Sounds" is under the "General" settings, and there is also a "Notifications" area. So you can tailor the settings to get rid of the annoying sounds but keep the notifications you want to receive.

I'm glad that FB has a Sounds setting on your phone, but on this phone, it simply don't exist.

see the screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails How do I stop the facebook popping sound on my Samsung Galaxy S5 it is annoying?-fb-general-settings1.jpg   How do I stop the facebook popping sound on my Samsung Galaxy S5 it is annoying?-fb-general-settings2.jpg  
    01-10-2015 11:54 AM
    Sounds like why I started. Great way to keep up with old friends, but can suck so much time out of you. I wish someone would start a boycott to stop all the additional "crap" automatically updated. I wish they would just give us the options and let us choose what we want and what we don't. Let us personalize it - let the kids keep the pops and clicks if they want them, just don't make it the same for everyone. I will try turning it off from facebook, thanks for the response!
    01-10-2015 07:46 PM
    It worked!!! Thank you so much!!
    01-10-2015 08:22 PM
    Interesting. This is a screen shot from my S5.

Attached Thumbnails How do I stop the facebook popping sound on my Samsung Galaxy S5 it is annoying?-screenshot_2015-01-10-22-47-30.jpg  
    01-11-2015 01:48 AM
    I fixed it, I uninstalled FB and am done with it.

oh, did the same that to that ugly birdie social app too. twit twit
    01-11-2015 04:28 AM

I agree with you on the annoyance of the sounds. And since Facebook updates the device outside of the Play Store most often, it's hard to know when the app is updated, and what updates are made to the app.
    03-21-2015 09:12 PM
    Account settings then app settings , I found it yayyyyyy
    srkmagnus likes this.
    03-21-2015 09:14 PM
    Account settings then app settings , I found it yayyyyyy
    That's good to hear. Let us know if you have any other questions.
    03-21-2015 10:11 PM
    I have sounds switched off in Facebook and all notification sounds switched off in my general settings, yet it still pops.
    07-20-2015 04:59 AM
    I have sounds switched off in Facebook and all notification sounds switched off in my general settings, yet it still pops.
    Agree... Turned off sounds in App settings. Still pops.
    08-15-2015 11:09 PM
    Better yet, don't use Facebook

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 11:26 PM
    So, other then not using the Facebook app, is there any way to stop the sounds on your my Galaxy S5 each time a notification pops up? Under "General Settings" I have the Sounds turned off, under "Notifications" I have Wall Posts, Comments, Friend Requests, Friend Confirmations , Event invites, Application requests & Groups all turned off. But when a notification pops up my phone still makes a sound. It is driving me crazy!! HELP PLEASE!!!!
    09-21-2015 08:49 AM
    The sound off setting doesn't work against the incessant facebook bubblepopburp noises. Turning off all notifications from the app's settings page doesn't work either. The only way I was able to silence the burps coming from facebook was to go into lollipop's sound&notifications page and completely block all facebook notifications.
    10-02-2015 12:38 PM
    Even after uninstalling FB I'm STILL GETTING NOTIFICATIONS.Starting to HATE fb.
    12-29-2015 07:59 AM
    Even after uninstalling FB I'm STILL GETTING NOTIFICATIONS.Starting to HATE fb.
    Open Facebook in your browser m.facebook.com and log completely out.
    12-29-2015 09:09 AM
    There is no sound setting in General on my computer but I did find one on my phone. This is how I did it on my Galaxy Note 4. On your phone click on those 3 full parallel lines. Not the one with the body shadow, the lines alone, Then scroll all the way down to the last section HELP & SETTINGS, click App Settings, here you see the word General, How do I stop the facebook popping sound on my Samsung Galaxy S5 it is annoying?-screenshot_2016-02-12-23-20-31-1-.jpgthen click off sounds. I am so happy I found this. I hope it works for you too.
    Dogwood Tales and mariusfilip like this.
    02-12-2016 10:30 PM
    These steps worked on my Galaxy S5!
    I owe you a beer!
    Thanks
    03-29-2016 03:21 PM
    Shakti YES, that's it! That's a huge part of the problem too, they keep moving things around, never know where to find anything anymore. Thank you for the calm advice and the screenshot, I'm pop-free!
    Loadednleveled78 likes this.
    05-20-2016 05:42 PM

That worked great!!! Thanks!!
    09-14-2016 06:45 AM