Hey guys my s5 is still running 4.4.2

I have the Canadian version sm-g900w8

Reading around the net it seems everyone has 4.4.4

Is 4.4.4 a lot better then 4.4.2?

Does anyone know when the new lollipop update will come in Canada? Thanks for any help

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-12-2015 01:00 AM
    It's normal, if you haven't got any notifications yet about the update, or you can check it yourself..
    01-12-2015 02:14 AM
    You need to keep in mind when reading posts here on the forums where people are located (U.S., Canada, the UK, Australia, etc.) along with what wireless carrier they are using. Different geographical regions receive updates at different times. Even then those updates are distributed by the wireless carriers so that's something else that determines if and possibly when a phone is upgraded.

So a Verizon customer in the U.S. receiving the 4.4.4 update doesn't mean that everyone in the world should be getting 4.4.4 as well.

As for your other question, I think that 4.4.4 is a lot better. My phone seems to run smoother, it fixed some of the Bluetooth audio problems, I only restart my phone every 3-4 weeks now out of habit instead of being forced to restart it once every 2-3 days, etc. I have enjoyed the update to 4.4.4 as I had problems under 4.4.3 that were fixed with the update.

When it comes to Android 5.0, nobody knows when and where updates will be released. Your guess is as good as anyone else's when you will see the update. It could happen by the end of January or it might not get pushed out until Summer or the end of 2015. Nobody here has any specific insight to anything and, if they truly had inside information (as in they worked for Samsung and/or a wireless company), they wouldn't be able to leak it out without losing their job.
    01-12-2015 08:45 AM
    I'm Canadian (with Rogers) and I still have 4.4.2 as well, which totally blows. I heard that we won't even get 4.4.4 and instead they're just going to skip it and go straight to 5.0 Lollipop, but who the heck knows when that will actually happen.
    01-12-2015 10:15 AM
    Ya I'm rogers too.... one thing positive to say about 4.4.2 is that it doesn't seem to have any issues, I never need to restart my phone etc. Good WiFi, calls never dropped and battery seems good but an update would be nice!

01-12-2015 10:49 AM
    Ya I'm rogers too.... one thing positive to say about 4.4.2 is that it doesn't seem to have any issues, I never need to restart my phone etc. Good WiFi, calls never dropped and battery seems good but an update would be nice!

Nice for what?

Just to say that you have a new version?

If what you have is stable, does not give any issues, then why make changes?

LolliFlop is not going to be the panacea that is talked about by a lot of flopping mouths.
    The appearance is far too bland for people who are color blind, or pastel color blind which I am.

For me, LolliFlop is going to be a huge disaster if I cannot see what is on the screen.

screw new changes just for "changes sake".

When my phone had 4.4.2 it was a good phone, stable and no problems. Verizon pushed out 4.4.3 which I refused to accept for months because other users on Verizon were telling of Bluetooth problems and other things I did not like.

Then VZW just up and pushed out 4.4.3 and refused to allow me to stop it. It started downloading even as I was pushing the NO, do NOT accept button. After that update, I started have all kinds of problems.

Then 4.4.4 finally came along, again I waited to accept it until I heard that it "seems to have" fixed all the problems, so I sucked in my belly and let it happen.

So far, 3 weeks into the new 4.4.4 + the 2nd fix from Verizon on 4.4.4 it is finally fixed and working just fine now....

too hell with LolliFlop, I do not need the heartache.
    01-12-2015 12:37 PM
    The only reason I want it is the lock screen changes. Won't I be able to read text messages and have flashlight accessibility without unlocking the phone? Those are the things I really miss from my iphone

01-12-2015 02:49 PM