I had an issue with changing my CSC on the Samsung Galaxy S5. I looked all over the net, and nothing really worked - the advice people gave was ridiculous and also useless - such as rooting, using kies etc.

I eventually figured it out through Trial and Error combined with information online in various places it's actually pretty simple.

1. Run and configure Odin. Do NOT check “Re-Partition” and “Auto Reboot” check boxes.
    2. Load the stock firmware in the PDA button.
    3. Set the phone in download mode (Volume Down+Home+Power button). Then connect the phone in your computer.
    4. Hit the “Start” button and then wait.
    5. Once the flashing successfully completed. Do NOT let it reboot into the normal mode.
    6. Reboot into recovery mode (Volume Up+Home+Power button).
    7. See if it’s applying the CSC file then wait until it finishes and reboot.
    8. If you do not see the CSC installation, instead choose the “Wipe data/Factory reset”. Then repeat flashing the stock firmware. You may then achieved the CSC code flashing the stock firmware on the second attempt.
    10. Confirm the CSC code by using Kies 3 or by downloading Phone INFO ★Samsung★ and see if the CSC code has changed.

It worked for me, on multiple BRAND NEW GS5's which were on a network.

Good Luck.
    01-13-2015 08:12 AM
    Pretty good write up. I am confused about step 8. Do you need to go back to download mode if the CSC install did not occur?
    01-13-2015 08:25 AM
    Thanks and apologies, does sound a little tricky.

What it is in essence, is that after the update and you've put it into recovery mode, it'll say rebooting - it doesn't always display if it's updating the CSC.

What I'd recommend is that after the process, check if the CSC has been updated, if not, only then thereafter go back to step 8
    01-13-2015 08:32 AM
    Hi, is there any reason that you didnt use the Phone Info *Samsung* app to change the CSC? I was going to use this to do mine but am a bit nervous that I'll screw my phone up.
    Thanks.
    01-13-2015 07:50 PM
    delete.
    01-13-2015 10:57 PM
    Hi, is there any reason that you didnt use the Phone Info *Samsung* app to change the CSC? I was going to use this to do mine but am a bit nervous that I'll screw my phone up.
    Thanks.
    Depends what phone you have. If you've got the S5, it won't work - I initially tried that. You need to be rooted in order to use that method - it will come up with an error code - try it. Going down the root method means having to watch all your steps or else you'll end up voiding warranty - if flash counter changes or the knox.

delete.
    If you haven't got anything better to say, then get lost. Try to help people and we have fools like you ridiculing me.
    01-14-2015 07:20 AM
    HI,

I followed the steps over 10x times and still no luck. Phone Stuck on XEO csc from BTU.

Thanks
    Amir
    01-16-2015 10:35 AM
    HI,

I followed the steps over 10x times and still no luck. Phone Stuck on XEO csc from BTU.

Thanks
    Amir
    Maybe you're doing a step wrong. Have you confirmed the CSC has still not changed?

Sometimes we miss out the most mi-nute (smallest) detail - for example not letting it auto-reboot in Odin or something similar.

It has been done countless times since this post was created and has been successful every time.
    01-28-2015 07:41 AM

Old Rocker using Tapatalk!
    01-29-2015 12:17 PM
    I have the Galaxy S5 SM-G900V, and I`m in a hurry changing the CSC because I have a lot of problems using the phone with my actual network, does it works for it?
    03-18-2015 12:18 PM
    Anybody tried this on S6?

In the process of getting one, however, its on network.
    06-19-2015 06:53 AM
    It worked in s6... thanks...😉

Enviado do meu SM-G920F através de Tapatalk
    09-04-2015 08:01 AM
    Can I get OTA update with this method?
    09-22-2015 06:06 PM
    Hi I've been trying to change my csc for a while now and always come to the same issue. Whenever I attempt to use Odin to change my firmware for anything (either for an update or for a root) I always get the same "aboot.mbn" error message.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <ID:0/004> Removed!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> G900IDVU1BOH4_G900IXSA1BOG1_G900IDVU1BOG1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
    <ID:0/004>
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I've tried different Odin versions, computers, cables, and usb ports with no improvement and I honestly don't know what else to do
    10-10-2015 05:19 AM
    This worked just fine for me & I am confident about that this will work on your device too.
    But remember this may can do a "FACTORY RESET",
    So backup your data firstfi

Open your phone’s dialer and type the following code with your device IMEI number:

*#272*Phone’s IMEI Here#

No software required

Thanks
    02-21-2016 02:06 PM
    Forgive me for asking what may appear to be an underinformed question but what is the logic in changing one's CSC code? What do you change the CSC code to when you do change it? Doesn't your CSC code impact your APN settings and sim and all of that?
    03-12-2016 08:01 PM
    Forgive me for asking what may appear to be an underinformed question but what is the logic in changing one's CSC code? What do you change the CSC code to when you do change it? Doesn't your CSC code impact your APN settings and sim and all of that?
    On the Global models where there are numerous firmware releases, 150+, it means that you could buy a phone in, say, Poland and if you were living in the U.K., you could change the CSC & Product code accordingly, to receive automatic OTA or Kies/Smart Switch updates or turn it into an unbranded version. It is pointless attempting to try and change a carrier minority model of phone as there is only one firmware for it.
    03-12-2016 09:48 PM
    On the Global models where there are numerous firmware releases, 150+, it means that you could buy a phone in, say, Poland and if you were living in the U.K., you could change the CSC & Product code accordingly, to receive automatic OTA or Kies/Smart Switch updates or turn it into an unbranded version. It is pointless attempting to try and change a carrier minority model of phone as there is only one firmware for it.
    I see. Thanks for the explanation. I was only curious since my GS5 is a Canadian G900W8. I don't live in Canada, I live in the United States. Seems like it was a Fido branded device at one time given that it has Fido "My Account" app and other Fido stuff on it that I can't disable or unistall.

I just saw the thread while I was browsing the forum and the thought of changing my CSC code kind of got me wondering if i could do that. Mine is a regional device more so than a minority model. But I suppose it's still branded and subsequently a monority model none the less even if it is unlocked.

I didn't even order the G900W8. I ordered a G900T but they sent me the wrong phone. I like it, though, just because I don't have all of those carrier boot screens and whatnot.

Anyway. Thanks for the explanation. I see what it does now.
    03-13-2016 02:47 PM
    Old post I know, but I need to know if this method allows OTA updates relating to the new CSC.

I currently have UK O2 branded handset for which I'd like to receive unbranded updates.

TIA.
    03-23-2016 01:54 PM
    Hello everyone, i have a question. When i go in Phone Info Samsung app the CSC tab, under the Original CSC Code i have nothing just blank... Product Code, FW CSC and Active CSC are all BTU and i got the the latest 6.0.1 update OTA... anyone know why it shows nothing under Original CSC code?
    05-15-2016 05:10 PM
    i tried something similar to that,but did not work on mu g900v MM..
    10-07-2016 10:14 PM
    i tried something similar to that,but did not work on mu g900v MM.. & phone INFO ★Samsung★ is for root only.
    10-07-2016 10:18 PM