S5 - Wife having a nightmare with spellchecking!

InvictaMoto

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
My wife just changed from an iPhone 5C to an S5 and she is having a nightmare with predictive text / spell checking.

I have searched on AndroidCentral for turning on/off predictive text and the reference always come to the dictation button on the keyboard...What dictation button?

When in Gmail the keyboard doesn't have a dictation button. She has an Nexus 7 tablet and this was all in place and easy to find but the menus on the Samsung aren't really helping.

All she wants it to have the spelling help that the Nexus gives, but how?

Help. It is driving me mad!

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Predictive text is part of the keyboard. By default, her Nexus 7 is using Google's keyboard and her S5 is using Samsung's keyboard. If she wants things to be the same, she will need to download Google's keyboard from the app store, install it, and use that instead of Samsung's. She will be prompted to log into her Google account after installing Google's keyboard so that any of her custom dictionary entries, predictive text settings, and various other settings will transfer over to her S5. Doing that will give the S5 the exact same typing experience as on her Nexus (assuming she didn't mess with the keyboard on her Nexus 7).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21