I dropped my S5, now I have a green screen, how do I fix this?

Katie Bayliss

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Dropped S5 - green screen

Hi all - My S5 just got nudged onto the floor. It's turning on fine and all the side buttons are working, but the screen goes from black to green lines and that's it. Is it totally done for???

Any tips or tricks gratefully received!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Dropped S5 - green screen

yes, it does sound like it should have had a good protective case on it.

I don't go for those "ultra thin cases" as they don't provide enough protection from a really hard hit to concrete or tile floors.

Most likely it will cost you about $200 to repair it.

this link will show you how to repair it yourself, if you have the nerve to do it.

* [Guide] Samsung Galaxy S5 Repair Guide | Complete Teardown | Android Forums

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

this link will show you how to repair it yourself
Which I strongly don't recommend, because if you do it wrong, it will cost you more to have th damage you cause repaired before the screen can be replaced. (And you usually damage the first 5 or 6 phones you replace screens on, which is why technicians practice on phones not worth repairing, with broken screens instead of good ones.)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

that point is well made in the thread.... there is not a technician alive who was able to fix the very first one w/o breaking something...

and also the reason why I inserted the words "IF you have the nerve to do it"

Unfortunately in these cases, it is best to use a qualified repair service, or send it back to Samsung for repair. It won't be covered by warranty though.