I have purchased a Galaxy S5 and cannot get the contacts to be recognized on my car Bluetooth, did I miss a step?

John Gorman

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I have purchased a Galaxy S5 and cannot get the contacts to be recognised on my car bluetooth.

I have purchased a Galaxy S5 and cannot get the contacts to be recognised on my car's bluetooth, Volvo XC70. It all worked fine with my previous Motorola RAZR. What I had was:-\ the ability on the car audio/radio to search and scroll through my contact list and most recent calls. I have been able to pair the Galaxy OK to make and receive calls but every time I get in the car a message appears on the phone asking if I agree to share contacts and call history. But clicking Yes makes no difference. The message just keeps appearing in a minute or so. Can anyone help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have purchased a Galaxy S5 and cannot get the contacts to be recognised on my car bluetooth.

Bluetooth isn't a standard, it's a "here's what's available, do what you want with it" thing. Some phones can talk to some car systems in some profiles. So some do phone calls but not music, some do music but not contact lists. Try your Volvo dealer's service department for service bulletins or firmware updates to the vehicle's audio system. The S5 isn't some strange Chinese phone made in lots of 5, it's a common phone, so they should be able to communicate with it.

volkanaytekin

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have purchased a Galaxy S5 and cannot get the contacts to be recognised on my car bluetooth.

Try your Volvo dealer's service department for service bulletins or firmware updates to the vehicle's audio system.

Last edited:

John Gorman

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

I did not get any joy there. The guy said that it is probably just that it is a newer phone. Could the fact that I still have my old phone connected in the car be impeding another set of contacts?