Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon, currently running Android v4.4.4. Due to battery life that's gone down to about 7 hours from an initial average of about 11, I decided it was time to reset my phone to see if that might help (though I've taken to the less nuclear option of allowing Google to restore my apps and app data from Google's backup).

Before the reset, I'd had almost every app that could be moved to the SD card moved to the SD card.

The reset did not affect the SD card.

Now, I'd like to move all my apps that can be so moved, moved onto the SD card again. My question is, since the reset did not affect my SD card (I'd even removed it for one of the two resets that I've done since last night), is there app stuff from my previous installation on my SD card, stuff that I should be able to delete now to make space for my new set of apps that I want to move to the card?

If so, how do I clear out that old app stuff?

I assume that I need to...If I had Audible installed on the card before, and I now have Audible in my phone's internal storage, if I move it to the card, is there any chance that it'll recognize the previous installation, re-associate itself with it, and thus save me the time of downloading previously downloaded audiobooks?
    01-19-2015 08:57 PM
    The quickest and simplest way to do that is:

Format the SD card in the phone.

Now it will be clean as new, and you can do anything you want w/o worrying about something being held over from before.
    Shadowhawk likes this.
    01-19-2015 11:11 PM
    Thanks for the advice, but I actually wanted to retain the movies, pictures, music, etc. that I had on the card; I was just wondering about the apps, mostly, and their app data.

As it turned out, I just did an experiment, moving my new Audible installation to the card, hoping it would reconnect with its old installation and already-downloaded audiobooks.

It didn't, so I moved Audible back to the internal memory, deleted the \Android directory, and moved all my newly installed apps that support it onto the card.

Seems to be working!
    01-20-2015 06:20 PM