S5 Lollipop - Airplane mode, phone will reboot and hang on samsung logo

zbug

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks,

As title says, if i set my phone to airplane mode (which i usually do at night) the next morning i'll find it with near to no battery and just hanged on the samsung logo. i've tried to leave it out of airplane mode a whole night and it did not crash. Now just today, to see it happen, i set it to airplane mode, within an hour/hour and a half i tried to pick it up and wasnt responding to any button and suddenly shows the samsung logo.

So i'm pretty sure now that the behavior is linked to Airplane mode. I've cleared cache etc. I'm just not sure where to start. There must be something that just crashes the phone when in airplane mode. Going for factory reset is out of the question for now (well idealy). ps : it was fine under KK

Anyone has any idea where to start/what to look for ? i'm in the meantime downloading the Android SDK, after that i'll put the usb debugging on and have an adb logcat running and force a crash again, hopefully i get a few clues ?

cheers!

charliecc

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue but on the Nexus 6.

I leave it on airplane mode overnight. In the morning when I turn airplane mode off, 50% of the time it will reboot.

zbug

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So far no luck with ADB and Logcat. the file is just too big and too much information. i need to find the proper way to force it into these reboot so i can be logging at the right time and stop just after reboot.

goathorn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same problem after upgrading to Lollipop on my S5. There is no way even to turn off the phone. The only options is removing the battery. I first thought of some virus or faulty app but after two factory resets I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the airplane mode. I haven't found any solution yet. It also looks like it's not a very common problem as there aren't discussions found in the Internet.

Have you got any solution yet?