Samsung s5 battery drain Lollipop

OnFire4Ever

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody :)

I just updated like two days ago my samsung galaxy s5(sm-g900f) from 4.4.2 to Lollipop 5.0. I love so far the new lockscreen notifications and the fingerprint sensor has improved like a lot, but the performance its not doing perfectly well, i mean at kitkat i kinda had no lag, but now with lollipop when i search something at settings for example battery, u can see clearly that something is not going well,basically it lags. Anyway that doesnt annoy me or it is no big deal to me but what really annoys me its the battery life, i mean at first i had the daemon-camera issue and i kinda fixed that because i had that also in kitkat, and i mean c'mon its lollipop, and one it's still getting that ****ty bug. Anyway it kept getting "better", this morning i used my smartphone like literally 20 minutes(checked my emails, facebook,instagram) and after a while i go to settings-battery and i see that android os had already consumed 6%, i mean dafuq,and then my phone went like to 87% from fully-charged.I googled the problem and i saw that google came up with a fix for nexus devices, but nothing for s5. And im that kind of type that wifi off, location off , bluetooth nfc both off and still the battery life is getting worse and worse. Once i thought what if i had all of that stuff on, then what :p

I would really appreciate any helpful suggestions !! :)

anon(5694754)

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Install Gsam battery monitor that will help you find out what bug/app is draining the battery... Helped me find out media server was draining mine after I used ftp programs

Pola Hany

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
i have that problem since i installed android 5.0 that the battery drains more than ever, and the second issue i discovered that whenever i remove the battery and put it on again it loses 2% but one time it increased from 5% to 8% !!! hope it fixed on android 5.0.2 if it released

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Things like this makes me nervous about upcoming Lollipop update. I'm perfectly happy with the way it is on my at&t S5 with KitKat. Frankly I don't know what's so better in Lollippop other than fancy looking UI and animations.

OnFire4Ever

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I had a battery monitor app and that kept showing me that android os is draining the battery so far. I think its not a bug like camera-daemon or media server that uses like 60% of your whole battery. They were the same processes that also kitkat in android os had, only in lollipop they require heavier use of the battery life. Hopefully a fix for the battery at 5.0.2, and i also dont see any difference in touchwiz, its still laggy, and maybe at 5.0.2 touchwiz would be also optimized :D

anon(5694754)

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz is dreadful I always use nova launcher

This is my battery use so far today and your right about android draining the battery a bit

0d18fed9d18957a9fd83f4af8db749ad.jpg

b452c33e79a397fe88e85077e40c96bb.jpg

Nabil Azarou

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Mine is working perfectly, I can't see a difference between kk 4.4.2 and LP 5.0.
Updated like a week now and the battery is doing nice so far.

Maybe you should do a clean install or a factory reset.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S5

OnFire4Ever

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
You know after disabling lots of apps to get the most out of my battery life,its not that my battery life sucks. At kitkat i got like 6 hours screen usage now im getting like 4:45 or something like that, it depends. In my opinion i think that the os itself drains the battery life faster than kitkat :D

Last edited:

OnFire4Ever

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Im also hoping for a fix. I have read somewhere that maybe lollipop 5.0.2 for s5 will come with some fixes and integrated to touchwiz :) but in like 2 months :p

Savidge

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've just discovered a bug in my s5. It's that if you have s health disabled your heart rate monitor stays active. It lights up all the time even on your home screen if you cover it.
To fix, enable s health and take a heart rate reading.
Hoping this will fix some of my drain issues.

Savidge

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
After the issue returned, shortly after my last thread, I went in search of a solution. Apparently the issue wasn't with s health but Google fit. Disabling activity tracking and restarting solves the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I installed 5.0 a week ago and I found that cleaning the cache really helped, but the constant escalating screen lag just put me off. I did a full hard reset which helped for a bit, disabled most of the stock apps, but it still needed rebooting every morning just to stay usable. I ended up flashing the phone with 4.4.2 using Odin 2.09. It doesn't have the funky safe locations for screen unlocking, but it's stable, fast, and there's a hell of a lot more room for apps, plus it's more responsive. Never leaping into an update again. Thank Christ for Odin SamMobile :)

Posted via the Android Central App

OnFire4Ever

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I want to wait for a fix and then maybe flash my device. I mean except the fact that the battery life hasn't got any better, it lags , like when searching for something or when playing games like temple run or subway surfers. It's becoming a little annoying :/ Most of the people are saying that where is lollipop why so late and meanwhile i would have gladly waited a little bit longer for a better lollipop version.

Lancert2

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has been terrible since I updated my Verizon Galaxy S5 to Lollipop yesterday. I noticed the red light was on for the heart rate monitor whenever I set my phone down on it's back so I took your advice and I uninstalled Google Fit. I'll see if that fixes the battery life issue.

Thanks for the tip!

GreenEyeHorse

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I just "upgraded" to 5.0 and my battery is crap. Full charge battery and I only get 3hrs of battery life. my phone is new. I bought it in November.

Here's my screenshot today.
Screenshot_2015-02-04-09-52-45.jpg

Michiel Tukker

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issues described here: Poor battery life, combined with a very hot phone (not overheating, but a constant 30-40 degrees celsius). I charged my phone over night and disconnected it this morning at 7:00. It says it'll run out of battery around 12:00, so that's 5 hours of battery life. I used to have about two days with this phone before the lollipop upgrade.

After reading the comments in this thread I disabled the step counter an weather widget on the lock screen. The phone got a lot cooler, almost immediately! I expect that the heat issue and battery issue have the same cause, so it may be fixed. I'll check how long the battery lasts.