How do I use my Galaxy S5 as a hotspot?

lilid1963

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Using Galaxy S5 as a hotspot

I'm so lost so I hope this forum can be my savior. I am looking to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S5 at a rent to own store. The cell phone plan they offered is thru Net 10 Wireless. I need to use this phone as an USB tethered hotspot to my desktop computer. Is this possible? I can find information on the web that says this will work using AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile or Verizon but nothing about Net 10. Can anyone answer this, please?

superuser86

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Using Galaxy S5 as a hotspot

If you phone can receive internet, it can distribute it wirelessly or by tethering it. Shouldn't matter who your plan is with. From experience, mobile hotspot isn't to flash, but will work just fine. Make sure you set up your security password so its secure connection from your phone

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi works great on Verizon Galaxy S5. So yes, the phone can be tethered. Not sure about Net 10 but it should

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi works great on Verizon Galaxy S5. So yes, the phone can be tethered. Not sure about Net 10 but it should

Posted via the Android Central App

Depending on your carrier's restrictions, you may or may not be able to use the builtin Hotspot on a phone.

With my current Family Share Plan on Verizon, my S5 will turn on Hotspot just fine.

On my previous "Unlimited Data Plan" that I used to have, the phone would not allow me to use Mobile Hotspot unless I paid Verizon for the privilege. On that phone, I installed FoxFi and all was well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance