Ever since the update late last year that "fixed" the skipping Bluetooth issue I have had problems. Before this "fix" music or podcasts playing via Bluetooth would skip for a fraction of a second periodically. After the "fix" this no longer happens.

My car has Ford Sync (2009). Since the "fix" most of the time I get in the car the phone will not connect with Sync at all. This happens even if I try to force a sync using the phone or Sync. After playing with this issue over several days I realized if it does not connect right away I needed to reboot the phone for Bluetooth to connect to Sync.

I am also experiencing a stuttering with Doggcatcher and several music applications. This stuttering generally is when the player starts but occasionally it stops playing for up to 10 or 20 seconds then starts again (even when playing files on the internal memory). I do not have this problem when using the headset or the phone's speaker.

Anyone else experiencing this and have a solution?
    01-24-2015 02:22 PM
    Ever since the update late last year that "fixed" the skipping Bluetooth issue I have had problems. Before this "fix" music or podcasts playing via Bluetooth would skip for a fraction of a second periodically. After the "fix" this no longer happens.

My car has Ford Sync (2009). Since the "fix" most of the time I get in the car the phone will not connect with Sync at all. This happens even if I try to force a sync using the phone or Sync. After playing with this issue over several days I realized if it does not connect right away I needed to reboot the phone for Bluetooth to connect to Sync.

I am also experiencing a stuttering with Doggcatcher and several music applications. This stuttering generally is when the player starts but occasionally it stops playing for up to 10 or 20 seconds then starts again (even when playing files on the internal memory). I do not have this problem when using the headset or the phone's speaker.

Anyone else experiencing this and have a solution?
    To fix the stuttering issue, you need to wipe your cache partition(Directions below). As far as the connection issue, I dont know if this will fix that or not.

turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5 by long pressing on the Power On / Off button. After the phone is complete off,you need the following key combination to boot the smartphone:
    Press and hold:

• Power On / Off
    • Volume up
    • Home-Button

If the Samsung Galaxy S5 vibrates once, release the Power On/ Off button but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed until a boot menu appears on the display.
    Now mark the entry "Wipe Cache partition" with the volume quieter button. With the Power On / Off button confirm that procedure. This function takes only a few seconds. Then the previously displayed menu reappears. Now select the first entry with "reboot system now" and run the command again with a press of the Power button. Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now reboot and start your Android OS.
    Done! You know now, how to perform a wipe cache partition on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
    01-26-2015 08:29 AM
    Wiping the cache is a temporary fix, my S5's stuttering always comes back after a while. The only difference is that my stuttering isn't nearly as bad as yours. I have had the biggest success with doing two things. First, wiping all Bluetooth data. Do this by turning Bluetooth off, go into settings, select Applications, select Application Manager, scroll to the right until you see All, scroll down and find Bluetooth share, force stop it, and select Clear data. Turn off your phone then done. The second thing I do is follow what bigslam said with clearing the cache. The combination of those two seems to work the best for me and with my fiance's S5.

Simply clearing the cache (or the Bluetooth data) is a temp fix with our S5s and something I will have to do within another week or two. The combination method seems to last for 1-2 months.

I did find that Bluetooth stuttering was also app dependent. The Google Play Music app rarely stutters while Poweramp does nothing but stutter. Pandora and Spotify are OK while other no-name streaming apps stutter bad with Bluetooth audio output. I know that the update to Android 4.4.4 broke compatibility with some and developers haven't updated them yet.

You also want to make sure that you are running the latest version of Sync software with your car's system. You can either visit the Sync website, download the latest firmware, put it on a USB thumb drive (as per the website's instructions), and install it (again, following their instructions) or you can make an appointment with a dealership where they will do the same.
    01-26-2015 09:45 AM