HELP! Someone was playing with the game setup in kids mode. I don't know how it happened, but now the phone has a PIN. Not a PIN to exit kids mode - but a PIN to get onto the phone. I've never had a PIN or password on the phone - I was using a pattern for security but now it's not asking me for a pattern - it says "Type PIN code".

I've restarted the phone several times. It says that it will automatically factory reset after 10 unsuccessful attempts and I've already used 7. I tried the PIN that I set to exit kids mode, and 0000 and a few others. Nothing works.

I've tried restarting the phone in the "Safe Mode" and it still asks for the PIN Code.

Kids Mode was supposed to be a way that one could play a game and not mess up the phone, but now it looks like I'm going to lose everything. I can't believe this and I'm so upset. Someone please help me.
    01-24-2015 05:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Ugh. This is why I don't let other people play around with my phone. See if this helps: Galaxy S5 Kids Mode - Samsung Galaxy S5 Guide
    01-24-2015 05:56 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. It did not work because my screen is not in the kids screen, its in some generic screen that asks for my PIN code. I only know that it is in the kids mode by the small head in the upper left corner.
    The next time anyone tries to touch my phone I will stop them immediately.
    01-24-2015 09:26 PM
    I never, ever, allow anyone to use my phone.... talk on it after I made the call yes, but just to play around with it?

Never....

Kids Mode is a joke, they can get out of that mode faster than you can set it into Kids Mode.
    and obviously they thought it would be a neat joke on you to set a pin code in the security arena.

You have precious few options left.

Read this thread thru, all the way thru...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ocked-out.html

Did you have it registered with Google+ ?,
    if so, you can unlock it from there.

Did you have it registered with Samsung?,
    if so, you can also unlock it from there...

http://www.primeinspiration.com/forg...galaxy-s5.html

Do you have MyPhoneExplorer installed on it? see my signature.....
    if you do, you can access all of your data files and save them, pictures, etc...... even from a locked screen.
    * MyPhoneExplorer works even when locked and can't access screen
    01-25-2015 01:49 AM
    Sounds like something that happened to me a while ago.

If you use android device manager or lookout you can add a PIN to the phone and enter it and be able to regain access.
    Worked for me after a couple of hours.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Via The Galaxy S5 Via 4G LTE Via T-Mobile
    01-25-2015 06:04 AM
    Same exact thing happened to me. Android Device Manager worked. I set a password on the phone and then was able to enter the password on the phone to unlock it, then I could reset my unlock pattern and set the backup pin. Just go to google.com/android/devicemanager and sign in with the Google account you have on your phone, then you can click the Lock button to set a password.
    03-08-2015 12:35 PM