Memory low. Where did it go?

gabrielxavila

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello AC, as you can see in the attached photos a large portion of my memory is being used by "others" I can't seem to find the culprits and clear up some much needed space. Wondering if you all can help out. Background on my phone. It's a Sprint S5, towel rooted, on stock KK firmware, and only have 4 rooter apps download.
Thank you all for your help
Gabe Screenshot_2015-01-26-18-07-53.jpgScreenshot_2015-01-26-18-08-04.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Part of "other" is the ROM, actually a big part of it. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 Gigabytes. I would suggest a Google search of what else is included in the "Other" section if your really interested.

You might try an app like Clean Master to get rid of some unused and leftover app data. I use it every now and then, and can usually recover 1-2 gigs of memory. Just be sure to read before you tell it to do anything. It will ask you about deleting pictures and other things you might not want to lose.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
If your going to use Clean Master, just install it to get rid of the junk then unusual it immediately, other than that manually clear your cache. If that don't work go threw each app and see which one is loading your phone up.

Absolutely, I should have added that. Use it and uninstall it, or you'll be hounded by notifications every half hour!

gabrielxavila

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies and suggestions. I will definitely try those out today. As far as the Rom 7 gigs is understandable, but I'd still be missing roughly 9 gigs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool