Hi all,

I defected from Apple, and bought myself a Samsung S5. Overall I am happy with phone, I find very flexible in terms of what I can do with it compared to Apple device however I do have one slight issue.

I have a 2014 VW Golf and when using Bluetooth to connect to my Apple device, I was able to view a list of all the music on my phone as well being able to select which music I wanted to listen to via the Golf's 'infotainment' system. With the Samsung S5, I am able to play the music over Bluetooth, but cannot view a list of my music nor select which I want to listen to using the Golf's 'infotainment' system. To select the music I want to listen I have to go to my phone, to select the music.

Does anyone have this problem? and is there way to fix its so that I have full control of my music on the S5 using the VW infotainment
    01-27-2015 01:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure what you are talking about is specific to Apple products. I use Ford sync and have the same situation with my S5. However, if I plug in my ipod, or ipad, all of the features you mentioned are available. Seems that many manufacturers think that only Iphones are fit to use in thier cars.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-27-2015 01:56 PM
    Thank you. Just re-read my first post #awefulGrammer

I think there is an opportunity here. Hack whichever protocol is used when syncing with an Apple device and develop an app for android. Or even better an app that emulates apple on android devices so you get full use of all features when syncing with systems like the one in my Golf or your Ford.

just an idea. I may even pursue it
    01-27-2015 02:32 PM