Hi Guys

My S5 seemed faster after first installing Lollipop but now after a couple of weeks it seems to be getting sluggish.

Could the internal memory being almost full be the reason for this? Or does that not really affect it? I have about 3gb free at the moment and have a large memory card but can only transfer so much to that as the phone doesn't allow me to transfer the rest of the files as I assume they are system files

Do you know why the phone may have become sluggish and what i can do to help it?
    01-28-2015 06:54 AM
    You can try rebooting your phone, also try wiping the cache partition by going into your S5's boot menu. Was this an official upgrade for your phone or did you install it yourself not going through your wireless carrier/Samsung?
    01-28-2015 08:08 AM
    Hi

It was an official update from Samsung Kies

I have rebooted a lot, it's not exactly sluggish just not as fast as it should be

I've done a clean master check and clean, will wipe the cache now

is the boot menu accessible y restarting and holding vol+?
    01-28-2015 11:45 AM
    Yep. Turn your phone off and turn it back on while holding the power, home, and volume up buttons at the same time. The S5 will vibrate once it is turning on, you can release all of the buttons then. You should see blue text at the top of the S5's display saying "booting." Select the option you want using the volume keys and press the power button to select it. Wipe the cache and then select the reboot option.

You phone's internal storage having 3GB free doesn't affect it's performance.
    01-28-2015 01:17 PM
    Mine was slow and sluggish after the update as well. I just did the dreaded factory reset and all is good now. It's actually running pretty darned good.
    01-29-2015 07:45 AM
    does the factory reset delete everything or..?
    02-14-2015 09:43 AM
    is a factory reset where it completely deletes everything
    02-18-2015 12:44 PM
    I'm getting tired of the sluggishness and device getting warm after updating 2 weeks ago. About to do a factory reset. Let's see what happens.
    02-18-2015 03:01 PM
    Did a device wipe and it worked wonders for me. Highly recommended!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-18-2015 07:45 PM
    Thanks for the advice on wiping the partition cache. The phone was super slow to unlock or drop down the top menu before, now everything seem great.
    02-19-2015 01:48 PM
    I downgraded (upgraded IMHO) to Kit kat. All is good again.

02-19-2015 01:50 PM
    How do you downgrade back to Kit Kat? This lollipop sucks. I tried clearing the cache as mentioned above, the same thing.
    02-19-2015 03:26 PM
    Did a device wipe and it worked wonders for me. Highly recommended!!

When you do a device wipe, will the phone restore with all of your contacts/apps?

Thank you
    02-19-2015 03:27 PM
    When you do a device wipe, will the phone restore with all of your contacts/apps?

Thank you
    After I did a device reset, all my apps and contacts restored because I have all my contacts synced through Google. Apps are automatically downloaded through the Google Play store after initial device set up.
    CM57 likes this.
    02-24-2015 03:25 PM
    I tried clearing the cache, but the phone is still sluggish. If I do a device wipe is this going to keep lollipop or do I have to download that again?
    02-28-2015 11:45 AM
    After I did a device reset, all my apps and contacts restored because I have all my contacts synced through Google. Apps are automatically downloaded through the Google Play store after initial device set up.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but please clarify. Since I got all of my apps through the playstore, do I have them sync'd? I am sort of a newbie to android thing (first smartphone). I have a gmail website, and my pictures are constantly being uploaded to dropbox. Where should Iook to see what is saved and what is not? Dropbox? Playstore?

Thanks for the help peeps
    03-03-2015 08:28 AM
    My thl T6s became luggish when I updated it to Lollipop 5.0...
    what can i do to make it fast again because it really became slower than before when I'm using android kitkat
    05-06-2015 10:36 AM
    how to downgrade it and get it back to kitkat again ?
    05-06-2015 10:39 AM
    My S5 also became painfully slow after Lollipop. I didn't want to do it, but after trying all the cache wipes multiple times to no effect I did a factory reset. That DID bring the phone back to normal so fine, it was a pain in the *** but it was worth the trouble. But now a month or so later the phone is back to being extremely sluggish and getting slower and slower. Anyone else having similar issue after having factory reset post-Lollipop?
    05-06-2015 11:03 AM
    My S5 also became painfully slow after Lollipop. I didn't want to do it, but after trying all the cache wipes multiple times to no effect I did a factory reset. That DID bring the phone back to normal so fine, it was a pain in the *** but it was worth the trouble. But now a month or so later the phone is back to being extremely sluggish and getting slower and slower. Anyone else having similar issue after having factory reset post-Lollipop?
    Hi, this is the exact same problem I am experiencing, I did a factory reset about 6 weeks ago and the phone was great at first but now it's getting gradually worse, it's very unresponsive, particularly when I'm trying to multi task. Suddenly things seem to take an age to download as well!!
    06-25-2015 05:57 AM