I am looking to get a wireless charging back and wireless charge car mount for my s5. For the mounts I am really considering these two:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4202684
    http://www.amazon.com/UPGRADED-Wirel...cUvbUpU4202684

Does anyone have any experience with either of them, or is there another one I should consider? I use the Spigen Tough Armor case so I would need something that would work with that and I am also in need of suggestions for the charging back that would be compatible with that as well.

Thanks.
    01-28-2015 10:58 AM
    Qi is pretty much a commodity these days - a Qi charging plate is a Qi charging plate. I don't know the particular case, but I charge through both an i-Blason TPU case and an Otterbox Defender. Find someone with a Qi charger and see if your phone will charge through that case. (I haven't measured it accurately, I've just held the phone over the plate and tried measuring the distance, but Qi seems to work over about a 1/2" distance.

As far as the 2 docks you linked to, it looks like mainly a matter of looks (although I don't like suction cup mounts - the heat in the car in the summer dries the cup out, so it doesn't last more than a couple of years unless you take it out of the car when you leave).
    01-28-2015 11:14 AM
    Thank you.

I know I can't expect the suction cups to last too long, but I find the ones that actually have the lever to depress the cup work good enough. I am running a hardwired micro usb through the dash and up the A pillar and plan to mount the phone there. I don't have much of a choice other than a suction cup and still be able to see and use the phone while driving.
    01-28-2015 11:19 AM
    I have two S5 phones, both with internal Qi charging receivers in them.

I have three Qi charging pads, all three are about the same dimensions as the phones are.

What I have noticed is that the 3 charging plates are not of equal strength, 2 are more fussy than the 3rd one about getting the phone positions "just right".

And it is this fact that bugs me about buying a "car charger" with a Qi feature included.

the hotspot for the charging plate, and the hotspot for the phone's receiver are not positions exactly in the same physical place.

On one plate, put the phone flush down over it and it goes....

On the 2nd plate, you have to move the phone towards the power cord about a 1/2 inch.

On the 3rd plate, you have to move the phone backwards/forwards until you hear it start and then it is okay.

Not all Qi devices are equal in construction. The specifications are stated, but not all manufacturers adhere to them equally.

I feel that all charging pads/plates should provide at least a 100% over reach so that the position on the pad is not critical and so that we can use cases on the phones.

On my wife's S5, I had to replace the Qi receiver because the first one I bought would only work, on ALL three charging plates IF and ONLY if the case was removed from the phone.

I searched Amazon and found a charging plate that specified that it would charge at specs with 8mm distance between the plate and the phone. and it does.
    01-28-2015 11:53 AM
    I am looking to get a wireless charging back and wireless charge car mount for my s5. For the mounts I am really considering these two:

Amazon.com: Qi-infinity™ Wireless Car Charger Dock for Qi enabled phones/tablets like Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 920, Lumia 1020, Lumia 720, Lumia 820, HTC 8X, MOTO Droid Mini, HTC Droid DNA, HTC Rzound, Blackberry Z30, Pentax ,Samsung, Google,
    http://www.amazon.com/UPGRADED-Wirel...cUvbUpU4202954

Does anyone have any experience with either of them, or is there another one I should consider? I use the Spigen Tough Armor case so I would need something that would work with that and I am also in need of suggestions for the charging back that would be compatible with that as well.

Thanks.
    I have the CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock and I love it. The suction cup is strong, the charger charges my S5 even while using Navigation, and it's just plain nice looking. And it is so convenient to not have to fiddle with a cable and the phone's charging port cover. You just set the phone in, lock it into place and you are good to go. I have been using it for about 6 months now and only have good things to say about it. I use it in tandem with the Samsung branded wireless charging cover for the S5.
    01-28-2015 01:26 PM
    Thanks for the reviews. I will go ahead with the CHOE then. Now I just need to decide on the charging back. I would prefer to go with the Samsung one but it looks like it won't work with my case, and I really like the case I have.
    01-28-2015 04:25 PM