02-18-2017 09:35 AM
55 123
tools
    I tried that and it didn't work for me :/
    03-14-2015 01:42 AM
    Yeah when I go there and select messages only option I get is show notifications?
    03-18-2015 02:00 PM
    Hi everyone, I received my upgrade to android 5 yesterday and am frustrated by the same lack of customization as you. I hope a future update restores this feature. By the way I have a samsung galaxy s5 with an s-view cover. I have noticed some features of the s-view are not functioning either.
    04-01-2015 06:11 PM
    I am having the same issue on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4. Very frustrating. I liked the double buzz for texts and there is no setting. Maybe if enough of us post about this issue we can get some changes
    jessdK likes this.
    04-09-2015 10:38 AM
    Exactly. Why should we have to use 3rd-party apps to restore basic features? Gah. I used that Light Flow app for a few days but uninstalled it because it wasn't always notifying me.
    04-13-2015 10:56 AM
    Same issue here. Just updated a few days ago. Sprint Galaxy Note 3. VERY frustrating and irritating. Why would they remove this option?!? I've looked all through the settings and can't find anywhere to change "message" vibrate patterns. I need this option back please!!
    Angel Smith2 and BrendaLilly like this.
    04-17-2015 09:53 AM
    This does not solve the Vibration "Pattern" at all. The original poster (and myself) would like to CHANGE the pattern of the vibration for the incoming messages. Not just enable or disable notifications. Why would they have taken this option away with Lollipop?? When my phone is on vibrate only, I want to know if I'm getting a Text or an email. Now with all vibrating notifications (as the original poster described) we get the same single long vibration with no way to distinguish what the notification is for. Very frustrating!! I would like to customize the pattern per app and even per contact of incoming messages so that you know without looking at your screen exactly what/who the notification is for/from.
    Angel Smith2 likes this.
    04-18-2015 04:17 PM
    This does not solve the Vibration "Pattern" at all. The original poster (and myself) would like to CHANGE the pattern of the vibration for the incoming messages. Not just enable or disable notifications. Why would they have taken this option away with Lollipop?? When my phone is on vibrate only, I want to know if I'm getting a Text or an email. Now with all vibrating notifications (as the original poster described) we get the same single long vibration with no way to distinguish what the notification is for. Very frustrating!! I would like to customize the pattern per app and even per contact of incoming messages so that you know without looking at your screen exactly what/who the notification is for/from.

Exactly! I hate this update.
    04-19-2015 06:33 PM
    How do we actually protest this? I mean, we're just invisible voices on the internet. I'd like to do something about it. What would be a practical first step? Change.org? I mean WTF can be done? The company is so huge it's not like we can just post on their social networking sites and complain.
    04-19-2015 10:45 PM
    I dislike this to but I don't think there is anything we can do I believe it's a lollipop thing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 10:48 PM
    I am having the EXACT SAME ANNOYING problem. And have done ALL the troubleshoots for it. Any more suggestions, because I don't want to have to use a 3rd party app either.
    04-21-2015 05:42 PM
    I had already tried it, selected messaging as high priority and I am still getting the long vibration pattern...
    04-21-2015 05:53 PM
    What troubles me more than the fact that they didn't give us the option to change it, is the fact that they checked this off as being ok during their rigorous testing phases.
    04-25-2015 02:09 AM
    I agree, overall the update is horrible. I hate the way it looks, my vibration patters are all over the place and it already froze and crashed when trying to change my wallpaper.
    04-26-2015 10:31 AM
    This texting vibration is driving me crazy. I'm getting more annoyed every time someone sends me a text....and I just downloaded the new update an hour ago!!
    04-27-2015 09:00 PM
    I too have this annoying buzz for texts on my AT&T Note 4. Now, when I am in vibration mode I have no idea when I have a text, email, appointment, message from another app.... They're ALL the same. This appears to be happening on 5.0.1 only. It's really frustrating when my wife's Galaxy Alpha received 5.0.2 and still gets the double pulse text alert. But the Note 4 (Flagship???) gets 5.0.1 long buzz.
    04-28-2015 10:25 AM
    I like many others have the same problem. Its been awhile since anyone has posted and was just wondering if anyone has found a fix?
    05-12-2015 08:20 AM
    Afraid not I don't think, still peeved right off with this
    05-12-2015 03:23 PM
    You can still get to volume settings via power button hold - just hold it until the power off screen pops up and then you can use the volume button up or down. It's different than pressing "Silent" or "Mute" like before but still works.
    05-13-2015 01:47 PM
    did you end up finding a solution for this. Going insane!
    05-19-2015 05:43 PM
    Have not been able to resolve yet. Only variation in my notification vibration is between incoming call (heart beat) and all other notifications being the long vibration default.
    05-21-2015 01:29 AM
    I had the same problem. Here is my solution. It does not involve changing the stock messenger and gives MUCH more flexibility in vibration pattern, which is one of main reasons we are on Android, no? Of course Google should have this in their stock Android, but I won't wait for that if I can customize my experience now......

Here is my solution :

Step 1 (controlling vibration pattern):
    I suggest downloading "Good vibrations" app. Then go to "good vibrations" - On Main tab, click "enable application". Then go down to SMS pattern (click top left settings tab to get there) and click "enable custom SMS pattern" and the pick a custom SMS pattern on bottom. I chose "2 x 400 (pause 125)", which seems to approximate the "2 vibrations" I had before. You can find similar apps if you type "text vibrations" in Google play, but I found this one to work best. *NOTE* You need to turn off stock app vibration - go to stock messenger app, click settings and go to "notifications" and uncheck vibrate (edit: you could also make repeat message alert to "never", but keep "notifications" "Green button on top" ON and keep "Preview Message" checked if you want to keep receiving TEXT alert on your lock screen).

Step 2 (repeating vibration, if desired):
    In case I am busy and miss the first vibration, I like it to repeat. I don't think the stock messenger "repeating function" in the settings works. I have used the following app in past and it still works well. I suggest downloading "Easy Reminder". Just go into app and enable "Remind SMS/MMS" and click that option. Click "remind SMS". Select your "timeout" value (e.g. I selected 2m so that it will vibrate every 2 minutes until it stops). Check the "vibrate button". Then go to "repeat times" (I selected 10, so that it will repeat vibration every 2 minutes for 10 times). edit: if you want sound alert for texts when you're not in vibrate mode on your phone, just add the sound you want under "sound" as well

3) I also use "Calendar Snooze" application to do same for my calendar reminder vibrations. Very customizable, love it.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Gus
    pamcat53 likes this.
    05-31-2015 08:16 AM
    I just now noticed this thread. I've had this issue since Lollipop and I figured it was meant to be changed, just like the stupid thing where messages make no noise if you're already looking at your conversation (even if you lock your phone while in the text). But come to think of it I really do miss the zztt-zztt for my text messages. We should have been given the option to toggle both of these things instead of the latter being taken as the majority. Frankly I think they go through and pick the one thing that will drive the most people bats**t and go with it. I'm trying not to clutter up my phone with apps but it seems like it's the only way to go if we want our phones to be normal. No sense downgrading to KitKat only to be forced to redownload Lollipop at some point (the update will fly past you like a silent fart when you're not paying attention). Just had to add my two cents, which is all I can afford. 😁

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-01-2015 10:32 AM
    I installed Good Vibrations a while back, but noticed immediately that the text tone would sound and then almost a second later, the pulse vibration would go off. It too was becoming very annoying, so I turned it off. Nothing seems to work and I like the stock SMS app way better than anything else out there right now.
    06-16-2015 10:39 AM
    I installed Good Vibrations a while back, but noticed immediately that the text tone would sound and then almost a second later, the pulse vibration would go off. It too was becoming very annoying, so I turned it off. Nothing seems to work and I like the stock SMS app way better than anything else out there right now.
    I agree..I started to use the same app and it does the same thing to me. there is a delay of a second or two before it starts vibrating.
    06-25-2015 02:13 PM
55 123