07-10-2016 03:33 AM
57 123
tools
    There is now talk that Android 5.1 is on the way, as early as March for some (I don't have enough posts to be able to post the link to the green bot article). Since I don't have this problem on my Nexus 7 tablet running Android 5.02, I'm hoping it is related just to Android 5.0 and the update will prove out to be the solution.
    02-18-2015 03:35 PM
    According to a recent PC Magazine on-line article, Android 5.1 is ready to roll out. No path was mentioned for upgrading to 5.1, but apparently the various carriers will eventually get around to it. Hopefully this upgrade will solve our problem.
    03-10-2015 08:52 PM
    I can't swear this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. I use a clock app when charging and after the lollipop upgrade I started getting the bright white, woke-me-up-at-3am-battery-fully-charged notifications. My research indicated that these notifications only happen when the phone is active or unlocked. In Kit-Kat, the phone would automatically lock using the clock app after about a minute, but this was not so in Lollipop. So, it occurred to me I might have to manually lock (secure, make-it-need-a-pin-to-use-it) myself. I did this by plugging in the charger, turning on the clock app, manually pressing the power button quickly to make the screen turn off, then pressing it again to make the screen turn on. The clock app was displayed and battery notification never displayed at 100%. Once again, I could sleep through the night.

I hope you find this useful.
    edoersch and Laus Sorensen like this.
    03-15-2015 04:32 PM
    I can't swear this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. I use a clock app when charging and after the lollipop upgrade I started getting the bright white, woke-me-up-at-3am-battery-fully-charged notifications. My research indicated that these notifications only happen when the phone is active or unlocked. In Kit-Kat, the phone would automatically lock using the clock app after about a minute, but this was not so in Lollipop. So, it occurred to me I might have to manually lock (secure, make-it-need-a-pin-to-use-it) myself. I did this by plugging in the charger, turning on the clock app, manually pressing the power button quickly to make the screen turn off, then pressing it again to make the screen turn on. The clock app was displayed and battery notification never displayed at 100%. Once again, I could sleep through the night.

YOU are brilliant! The steps I took were just as you described, after creating my PIN screen lock:

1. Plug in the charger.
    2. Activate clock/alarm app (I use Smarter Alarm).
    3. Press phone lock. Screen goes dark.
    4. Press phone lock again, to make the screen come on.
    5. Clock is displayed with no absurd notice when charge reaches 100%!

Thanks SO much! You have no idea how much that ridiculously bright notification annoyed me!
    03-16-2015 10:20 AM
    Dear all i sign up to give you and future readers the anwser...

Install App Ops find System UI and turn off permission that says Post Notification, all gone then..

My device is rooted so not sure if App Ops runs on non rooted phones
    Laus Sorensen likes this.
    03-24-2015 03:11 AM
    As for the Fully Charged Notification sound and vibration you are receiving, this is not present on the stock Samsung TouchWiz firmware that I am using, (unbranded, UK, OC7 release, 16th March), when my International model, SM-G900F, is connected to the original Samsung Charger that came with my phone. When fully charged the screen does not turn on and there is no sound or vibration. If I turn the screen on, even the swipe away notification has been removed in this release. However, I do believe that using 3rd party chargers, "may", produce a sound and vibration to help prevent against over charging which has caused a number of fires and deaths in the past on various makes of phones.
    Laus Sorensen likes this.
    03-24-2015 04:26 AM

I believe you are on to something. your post help me solve this issue. I have a stock S5 with Lollipop..

Requiring a PIN to unlock the phone is the key, I think. I was already using Dock Clock Plus as my night clock and didn't have to change any settings in that app. NO MORE BANNER since requiring the PIN.

Note: I don't have to mess around with pressing the power button at all. Simply set the phone in the charger. Dock Plus starts automatically.

Thanks
    STARGATE likes this.
    03-24-2015 06:50 AM
    Yeah, wow, "Info, Battery Fully Charged", that just sits there, blocking the top of the screen. I found I could swipe it to the right and it disappered. Then I could then use the phone while connected to a charger at 100% charge. Not sure if that solves to night lighting issue but let me use the phone again in dock mode.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-28-2015 11:35 PM
    THANKS!!
    04-19-2015 11:05 AM
    Within Tasker:
    +Event: Power, Battery Full
    +Action: Display, System Lock
    +Action: Alert, Popup (Title=Tasker, Text=Fully Charged)

I have other settings to disable the sound/vibrate, so that isn't a problem. But the banner partially hides my night clock (and wakes me up with the white light).
    I found that locking the screen dismisses the banner.
    So, I use "tasker" to automatically lock the screen when Battery Full. But, since that turns off the screen too, I then use tasker to initiate a pop-up notification that turns the screen back on again. The pop-up notification auto-disappears after x seconds. Another Android setting controls whether screens turn on when notifications are recieved.

Other Settings:
    In Android "Settings", "Sound and notification", "While locked": select "Show all content", or "Hide sensitive content", as long as NOT selected: "Do not show notifications".

I use "Night Clock" to show a clock on my phone all night long. I'm sure other clocks and displays can be used.
    In the "Night Clock" settings, I have checked "Bypass Lock Screen". This makes sure the clock displays all night, even when locked.
    04-23-2015 10:44 AM
    The fully charged notification doesn't swipe. I've tried.
    05-01-2015 07:00 AM
    When I'm listening to music at work with my phone plugged in, I really don't want something popping up every 3 minutes interrupting me that's a fairly pointless notification over and over and over.
    05-18-2015 09:07 AM
    I know this is old and I myself have this issue but on a note 3 and I want to clear things up a bit..the reason you guys with a nexus 7 that don't have this issue is because it's a Samsung thing not a Google thing. I've had this issue since my sgs3 and previously an xposed module would of worked but it doesn't work on lollipop (yes xposed now works for TouchWiz roms)
    05-23-2015 03:45 AM
    I know this is old and I myself have this issue but on a note 3 and I want to clear things up a bit..the reason you guys with a nexus 7 that don't have this issue is because it's a Samsung thing not a Google thing. I've had this issue since my sgs3 and previously an xposed module would of worked but it doesn't work on lollipop (yes xposed now works for TouchWiz roms)
    Samsung fixed this in a Lollipop release months ago, see post #31. Anyone still experiencing this problem will be running firmwares based on much older Lollipop releases.
    05-23-2015 04:11 AM
    Samsung fixed this in a Lollipop release months ago, see post #31. Anyone still experiencing this problem will be running firmwares based on much older Lollipop releases.
    ironass, that may be true, but if so, this might be a carrier issue. I have a Verizon S5, which is running 5.0 which gives the stupid notification. I am rooted, but have not changed the ROM. I factory reset it recently and the problem still occurs. My wife just got an S5 as well and she also gets the notification... and the noise. So maybe the carriers are the ones that jacked this up?
    05-23-2015 07:32 AM
    ironass, that may be true, but if so, this might be a carrier issue. I have a Verizon S5, which is running 5.0 which gives the stupid notification. I am rooted, but have not changed the ROM. I factory reset it recently and the problem still occurs. My wife just got an S5 as well and she also gets the notification... and the noise. So maybe the carriers are the ones that jacked this up?
    You are correct in your thinking jimmyj352! It is carrier firmware related.

Verizon issue their own version of Lollipop which is unlike anything that Samsung releases. See, #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

The Lollipop firmware that Verizon based both their original release, OA8, and their update, OC4, is a very old one indeed from 7 months ago and is based on the lowest and oldest changelist, worldwide. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

Since Samsung have no control over Verizon's content and firmware releases, it is up to Verizon to update their archaic firmware for the benefit of their customers!

This issue, "may", affect some other U.S. and Canadian carrier branded minority models whose carrier's have not updated their customers recently.
    05-23-2015 08:11 AM
    Sounds like we'll just have to wait it out!
    05-23-2015 05:26 PM
    Sounds like we'll just have to wait it out!
    Good luck with that one jimmyj352

Verizon's original firmware, OA8, that was based on the very, very, old Lollipop firmware and was released at the beginning of February, was withdrawn and a new release to fix the myriad of problems their customers were experiencing, was released on 29th March on build OC4. However, instead of using one of the later Samsung Lollipop releases with battery, performance, extra features and other enhancements, as AT&T, C-Spire and Sprint did, Verizon just patched the same old firmware again!!!

If you look through this forum, you will see a direct link between the number of complaints and the changelist # of the firmware, as per post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

The higher the changelist = the fewer the problems!
    05-24-2015 06:37 AM
    Do you think whenever they get to the 5.1 release it might use a better build to alleviate this issue?
    05-24-2015 07:09 AM
    Do you think whenever they get to the 5.1 release it might use a better build to alleviate this issue?
    Hopefully!

Apologies for going off topic and see posts #28 & #29 for a workaround.
    05-24-2015 08:11 AM
    This is what I did to fix it for my Galaxy S4.
    Setting -> My Device -> Sounds and notifications -> Vibration intensity
    I changed the Notification level to the lowest.

This will affect all the notifications but at least I can sleep without waking up due to 'Battery fully charged' notification.
    05-27-2015 11:57 AM
    I'm not sure what's going on with YOU GUYS' phones but I can't figure out how to turn mine ON! LOL. I hated it before but now I want to try to unplug when it's fully charged & don't know how to turn it back ON. I'm not sure unplugging it when it reaches 100% will help the battery or not bu I want to try.
    06-20-2015 06:54 PM
    That problem has (apparently) been fixed in the latest update. I don't get them anymore. Hooray.
    06-20-2015 07:02 PM
    A couple of hours ago I installed the latest Verizon OTA update for my S5, bringing it to software version G900VVRU2BOE1. Yes, indeed, the problem does seem to be resolved!
    07-01-2015 10:41 PM
    Me too. I have an S5 also & have never seen how to turn this ON. I would like it so I'd know when to unplug it. I never had the capability either, before Lollipop or since.
    07-11-2015 06:42 PM
57 123