S5 with Lollipop: fully charged notifications. Can they be turned off?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
ironass, that may be true, but if so, this might be a carrier issue. I have a Verizon S5, which is running 5.0 which gives the stupid notification. I am rooted, but have not changed the ROM. I factory reset it recently and the problem still occurs. My wife just got an S5 as well and she also gets the notification... and the noise. So maybe the carriers are the ones that jacked this up?

You are correct in your thinking jimmyj352! It is carrier firmware related.

Verizon issue their own version of Lollipop which is unlike anything that Samsung releases. See, #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

The Lollipop firmware that Verizon based both their original release, OA8, and their update, OC4, is a very old one indeed from 7 months ago and is based on the lowest and oldest changelist, worldwide. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

Since Samsung have no control over Verizon's content and firmware releases, it is up to Verizon to update their archaic firmware for the benefit of their customers!

This issue, "may", affect some other U.S. and Canadian carrier branded minority models whose carrier's have not updated their customers recently.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like we'll just have to wait it out! :(

Good luck with that one jimmyj352

Verizon's original firmware, OA8, that was based on the very, very, old Lollipop firmware and was released at the beginning of February, was withdrawn and a new release to fix the myriad of problems their customers were experiencing, was released on 29th March on build OC4. However, instead of using one of the later Samsung Lollipop releases with battery, performance, extra features and other enhancements, as AT&T, C-Spire and Sprint did, Verizon just patched the same old firmware again!!!

If you look through this forum, you will see a direct link between the number of complaints and the changelist # of the firmware, as per post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

The higher the changelist = the fewer the problems!

suklee

May 27, 2015
Visit site
This is what I did to fix it for my Galaxy S4.
Setting -> My Device -> Sounds and notifications -> Vibration intensity
I changed the Notification level to the lowest.

This will affect all the notifications but at least I can sleep without waking up due to 'Battery fully charged' notification.

Kimberly Symock

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on with YOU GUYS' phones but I can't figure out how to turn mine ON! LOL. I hated it before but now I want to try to unplug when it's fully charged & don't know how to turn it back ON. I'm not sure unplugging it when it reaches 100% will help the battery or not bu I want to try. :(

Dusty_on_Vly

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
A couple of hours ago I installed the latest Verizon OTA update for my S5, bringing it to software version G900VVRU2BOE1. Yes, indeed, the problem does seem to be resolved!

Kimberly Symock

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Me too. I have an S5 also & have never seen how to turn this ON. I would like it so I'd know when to unplug it. I never had the capability either, before Lollipop or since.

yokolok

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
don't know if this will work on the S5 - i use an app called deepsleep battery...in the settings portion, you can choose notifications that will notify you when the battery is low, and when it is fully charged. i had this since kitkat...and it seems to override the regular settings of the S4...

go to the app, upper right side click on the 3 dots, choose settings, notifications and sounds, then scroll down...you can turn it off, or choose a tone that is actually quite pleasing...

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me. Thank you eusblh.

Within Tasker:
+Event: Power, Battery Full
+Action: Display, System Lock
+Action: Alert, Popup (Title=Tasker, Text=Fully Charged)

I have other settings to disable the sound/vibrate, so that isn't a problem. But the banner partially hides my night clock (and wakes me up with the white light).
I found that locking the screen dismisses the banner.
So, I use "tasker" to automatically lock the screen when Battery Full. But, since that turns off the screen too, I then use tasker to initiate a pop-up notification that turns the screen back on again. The pop-up notification auto-disappears after x seconds. Another Android setting controls whether screens turn on when notifications are recieved.

Other Settings:
In Android "Settings", "Sound and notification", "While locked": select "Show all content", or "Hide sensitive content", as long as NOT selected: "Do not show notifications".

I use "Night Clock" to show a clock on my phone all night long. I'm sure other clocks and displays can be used.
In the "Night Clock" settings, I have checked "Bypass Lock Screen". This makes sure the clock displays all night, even when locked.

Craig Goslan

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I, like many people, charge my mobile beside my bed at night, this darn annoying 'battery full' notification wakes me up in the middle of the night even if my phone us face down. I may have to move my SIM from my Galaxy S5 into my cruddy Huawei phone if this freckin annoyance persists. Think for a second Samsung!!

My contract is up soon anyway, so I might just get an Apple or Microsoft phone.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I, like many people, charge my mobile beside my bed at night, this darn annoying 'battery full' notification wakes me up in the middle of the night even if my phone us face down. I may have to move my SIM from my Galaxy S5 into my cruddy Huawei phone if this freckin annoyance persists. Think for a second Samsung!!

My contract is up soon anyway, so I might just get an Apple or Microsoft phone.

Are you using the original stock Samsung charger that came with your phone?

Craig Goslan

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Solved: Buy a different make of phone, Apple or Microsoft. This pointless feature is really annoying me, so much so that I am going to get a new (different make) phone. All Samsung had to do was provide us with an option to turn this crud on or off, but no, Samsung is/are like a bull in a china shop when it comes to development.

truthe123

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I hereby curse the Id*ot who designed and developed this alert of battery full charge to get more sleepless all their lifetime. They seems to have no common sense that around 95% of people who charge only in night get disturbed by this id*ot annoying idea. Some andiod samsung mobile like mine neither have block mode or any other alternative to switch off this battery full charge alert

Last edited:

davodpm

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Looked for a solution, but being frustrated with not being able to find anything that I liked, decided to investigate myself and there is a simple solution. For lollipop, head to settings, 'Sounds and notifications', scroll down and select 'Do not disturb' ,'Enable as scheduled' select days and start and end times. If you still want calls / alarms etc - select 'Allow exceptions' and select your exceptions. This solution works a treat and doesn't need yet another app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech