07-10-2016 03:33 AM
57 123
tools
    I couldn't find a post about the topic - so I hope I am not double posting.

Since I upgraded to Lollipop the endless notifications are starting to annoy me. But mainly the "fully charged" notifications:

1: At night, when I am charging the phone, and even though I have turned off the sound, it makes a very noisy vibrating buzz when the battery is fully charged. And I wake up every time. Don't like!

2: When I drive, I use the phone for navigating - and it is in my Brodit holder/charger. Once it is fully charged, the "fully charged" notification comes on at the top of the screen. And stays on, blocking some of my screen.

Can these notifications be turned off? Most annoying is the vibration at night.
    01-29-2015 08:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This was asked about the S4 as well, and there was no apparent way to turn it off: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-s...ification.html.

You'd probably have to root the phone and use something like Xposed Framework.
    01-29-2015 01:44 PM
    I haven't figured out a way to stop them, but you can swipe away the notification once it pops up.
    01-30-2015 03:02 AM
    Thank you for the replies. The phose is rooted, so I'll have a look at Xposed Framework.
    Thanks again!
    01-30-2015 08:34 AM
    i use tomtom in the car and the battery notification is so annoying!! Why do they put things like that in with no thought or way to disable it
    Craig Goslan likes this.
    01-31-2015 03:18 AM
    Thank you for the replies. The phose is rooted, so I'll have a look at Xposed Framework.
    Thanks again!
    You'll LOVE Xposed. I was able to:

• Get rid of the pointless headphone volume warning
    • Get rid of the annoying boot sound
    • Disable password unlock when connected to my home wifi or my car's bluetooth
    • Get rid of the camera shutter sound
    • Get rid of the also pointless power off confirmation
    • Customize the power off menu
    • Get rid of the carrier logo on the lock screen

If you want a list of the modules I used for any of those, let me know.
    01-31-2015 06:40 AM
    Thanks again for the replies!

These things are a bit advanced for my limited knowledge, but I'll look into it and probably be able to figure it out
    01-31-2015 11:17 AM
    Same problem here, but unfortunately xposed is not available for Lollipop (Android SDK version 21).
    Haven't found a solution yet.
    02-04-2015 08:55 AM
    Yeah, same issues as OP. In addition, I notice that the phone vibrates when you put in on the charger, and when you take it off. Also, I use fingerprint unlock, and there is a short vibration everytime you unlock the phone. Annoying, and I can't figure out how to turn it off.
    02-04-2015 09:56 AM
    Ugh. This is such an annoyance. Subscribing to this thread if there's any hope found. I think the change is going to have to come from Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-07-2015 12:17 PM
    what a pain this is...can't use apps because this notification covers the screen. Who was the genius that thought that was a good idea?
    Peaty likes this.
    02-07-2015 01:08 PM
    Swiping it away works great normally but at night I use my phone docked as a clock on very dim screen. When it gets charged the banner at the top seems to light the room up. I really wish there would be a simple fix.
    hfisher01 likes this.
    02-08-2015 08:36 AM
    Either I didn't get the issue you guys are having, or I just don't have it.

I have a GS5 with Sprint, and I don't have that problem. Didn't have it before the update to Lollipop either.
    02-08-2015 09:02 AM
    Swiping it away works great normally but at night I use my phone docked as a clock on very dim screen. When it gets charged the banner at the top seems to light the room up. I really wish there would be a simple fix.
    That's the same problem I'm having...go to bed to a dimmed clock and wake up with the room lit up with the charge complete notification.
    02-08-2015 12:45 PM
    I haven't figured out a way to stop them, but you can swipe away the notification once it pops up.
    Only in SOME cases. In others, nothing gets rid of it other than unplugging the charger. I have mine plugged into a dock in the car, and swiping does NOT get rid of the notification.
    02-08-2015 03:16 PM
    Same problem on my S5 running Lollipop 5.0, but what I have discovered is that if your lock screen is activated before you start charging, the "pop up" announcing a full charge doesn't appear. Yet running a program like Dock Clock, the lock screen isn't active, the "pop up" appears. On a Nexus 7 tablet (2012), NO problem. But its version of Lollipop is 5.02 and I never get the full charge "pop up" even with the actively running app like Dock Clock. Hopefully an update to a slightly different version of Lollipop will be on its way to solve this??
    02-08-2015 09:08 PM
    Dusty, does this mean that if I start my larm clock (I use "Sleep as Android" because I have the luxury of not having o awake at a very specific time), then turn on the lock screen - and THEN connect the phone to my charger - there's a chance that I won't have the notification?
    02-09-2015 04:11 PM
    Dusty, does this mean that if I start my larm clock (I use "Sleep as Android" because I have the luxury of not having o awake at a very specific time), then turn on the lock screen - and THEN connect the phone to my charger - there's a chance that I won't have the notification?
    That is exactly what I've been able to do. Set my clock program, activate the lock screen and then plug in the charger. Of course you can't tell what time it is during the night, but at least you can charge your phone and have a wake up alarm go off as scheduled without that pop up. Oh, my carrier is Verizon, can't speak for other carriers.
    Laus Sorensen likes this.
    02-09-2015 10:49 PM
    Same problem here.. I am a big user of user of Dock Clock Plus and wireless charging via Tylt VU chargers at home and work. After the install of android 5.0, I am constantly annoyed by the “Batter fully charged” banner on the top, plus the vibration when it hits 100%. Really don’t want to root my phone but this is so annoying I would to get rid of it. Wish I would have stayed on 4.2. Does google really expect us to unplug the charger when the battery is full? It is simply unrealistic to expect the user to do such a thing; they need to find a solution where the user can keep the phone plugged in all the time, or at a minimum allow us to disable the message.
    02-10-2015 07:53 AM
    In having the same issue and more. Wait two weeks and a patch will be out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-10-2015 09:03 AM
    I take comfort at night knowing that Google is worried enough about the few watts of power wasted by a charging phone that it has to warn us incessantly about it with no option to turn it off.
    sushiguy732 likes this.
    02-10-2015 08:00 PM
    A question to the people experiencing this problem:

Did your phone auto-update, or did you update it yourself using one of the packages available here?
    I did the latter - but I just heard that if I go back to my original firmware, my phone will probably auto-update in a day or two. And if that solved the problem, I'd choose that road...
    02-12-2015 07:40 AM
    "Did your phone auto-update, or did you update it yourself using one of the packages available here?"
    I did the official OTA update offered by Samsung. I checked for the update on my phone, and when it was available, I proceeded with the 2-file update Samsung offered. So, unfortunately, the "official" version won't save you from this problem
    02-12-2015 10:10 AM
    Mine too! I did the two-step OTA update, put up with a lethargic, crappy phone for a couple of days (CPU running at 98-100%), then did a factory data reset and am mostly happy again.
    I was using Alarm Clock Plus, along with Automagic Premium. My script in Automagic would trigger on plugging in the charger. If the time is between 11:00pm and 6:00am, and I am at home, it turns off bluetooth, silences all sounds, sets the vibrate on ring to off, then launched Alarm Clock Plus. For some reason Alarm Clock Plus won't work now (alarm doesn't go off) and the developer stopped updates last year. One extra step I had to take was to push down volume once to turn off the vibrate for notifications. I found that incoming texts would wake me up with the buzz. Now, Lollipop won't let me do that last step because the only choice is to set it to No Interruptions (including no alarms)! Also, that stupid Battery Full banner pops up as bright as can be and wakes us up. To explain a little further, with kids in school, I need to know if there is a school delay, so I use Fire Alert 2 with a trigger on SMS messages that looks for their school name and the word closings. That app rocks! I also use that app with a trigger for family numbers so if one of the kids calls me at night, it will alert me. Otherwise they go to voice mail. The reason I had to turn off bluetooth was that if my headset was still on and connected, the Fire Alert 2 sound would play through that instead of the speaker on the phone.

My wish list:
    1. Let me silence the phone AND turn off the vibrate
    2. Allow me to disable that stupid battery full message
    02-12-2015 11:08 AM
    While I appreciate the existence of this forum, I wonder if anyone who can address this problem (someone at Samsung, for example) has even seen the problem(s)? In my pre-Samsung phone life I had another brand of phone (okay, Motorola), and they sponsored a forum for problems that was actually monitored by their employees. They saw the problems, they responded to the problems, and often provided immediate help or eventual solutions via software upgrades. Is anyone at Samsung even aware of our troubles?
    02-15-2015 10:53 AM
57 123