Notification bar in 5.0

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just updated and learning the curves. Some likes some dislikes here. It looks to me that the option to see icons in notification tray when the phone is locked is no longer there. Now I can have option to see my notification on locked screen (I wouldn't want for anyone to be able to read them when checking for time for example.) the option when it hides sensitive content is no good because it's useless, it doesn't say anything but the fact I have a message but it uses screen for nothing. I could've had that in kit kat by seeing a little icon which told me what was going on. When I choose not to see notifications on locked screen, then there's NO info whatsoever until I unlock. Did anyone had the same issue or I have to play a little bit with settings? Hope I made sense at least!

I rest my case.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that option (the sender, but not the message) is coming in the "customer version" of Android - the one after they start listening to what we want, not putting in what they want. At least it's Android - someone can write an app or a lockscreen that does it the way most people seem to want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12