Silent/mate mode?

gazza1591

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Just got a new s5 today but can't find out how to silence the phone completely? If I go to short cuts menu all I have is sound and vibrate mode? Press the power button and no option there. Use volume key down and only goes from vibrate to sound mode, and in settings I go to sound and all I have is vibrate and sound modes?

So lost as to where else to look or what to do to get it into silent mode if you can any help or advice would be great

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
OK did you try going into settings then interruptions & hit none I think. sorry my galaxy s5 hasn't updated to lollipop yet my only experience with lollipop is my Nexus 9 which is not a phone just a tablet so some things may be different between the two :(

gazza1591

May 10, 2013
Visit site
OK found it but have 3 options

All ways interrupt
Only priority interrupts
Never interrupt

But if I select o ly priority interrupts I can see any option of where I can set what does and does not come through I.e alarms, Facebook notification etc etc

Serena121

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to have to mess around in settings to change my volume to silent. The whole thing is crazy! There is no way to put the phone on silent that will replicate what the phone did prior to the update, not from what I can tell so far. I really hope this is just a bug and that they will fix it soon because if not my Samsung and I will be parting ways.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Android 5.1 will start rolling out very soon. One of the changes it includes is bringing back the KitKat style silent mode. Dunno how long it will take Samsung to make 5.1 available to your phone, but with some patience you will get silent mode back.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20