I always ask for the EMEI and ICC ID and call Verizon to confirm but just found out all S5's are not equal. I was told to look at the date of manufacture, firmware version and software version. I was told *#12580*369# would do this but is does not.

Please help me with a protocol so I don't get screwed on ebay. Thanks in advance.

OK .. I have 77 views and no responses so let me narrow the question. Samsung admitted to having camera problems on earlier versions of the S5. How do I avoid getting one of those problem phones and ensure I am getting the latest version of the S5?

I am still, but hopefully not for long, an iPhone user.
    02-01-2015 01:03 PM
    You can get great deals on ebay, its possible with research ( lots of research, patience & sometimes luck too). I purchased mine used at half the cost of new but in the end buying Used electronics can be iffy like rolling the dice. I might get a great phone at a great price & at the same time you might get a crappy phone at a horrible price..
    if you're looking for a Verizon model it should be something like g900V as the model number. As you said always check beforehand to make sure the phone is not blacklisted.
    02-01-2015 02:58 PM
    I think that if you get a good working phone that was specifically made to be on the Verizon network, you won't have any troubles with it after it is reactivated.

Why? Because Verizon will force a new upload of the latest Firmware and the latest version of 4.4.4 onto it.

that is what happened when I bought a used "Certified Preowned" phone and activated it on VZW.

Took a while, it rebooted twice, but when it was all done, it works and never gave us a problem.

The only problem I foresee is the honesty of the seller, and that the device you purchase is not damaged.

I have bought a lot of phones thru eBay, never had one that did not perform "as advertised"....
    but, I look at the seller's reputation, and the length of time he has been in business.
    I never deal with a new seller, ie less than 100 sales. forget that one.

I look for sellers with 1,000s of sales, and reputations in the 99.8% or higher category.
    Especially I go for sellers who state specifically that if you will email them and work it out, they will guarantee you to be happy, so as to keep you from posting a Negative Comment. that is the kind of seller I look for.

if your seller can meet that level of service, you should be okay.
    02-01-2015 06:20 PM