I got this phone a month ago now and really wish I hadn't. I did noticed from day 1 it was slower than my Moto G but its at the point now I want rid of it, This lag is really doing my head end.

What I mean by lag is today I was showing my work colleague the camera as he is thinking of buying one. We took a photo and hit the gallery button to view, we sat I counted 7 seconds damn all happened, I hit the back button and the entire thing crashed, I got a black screen. We went back into the gallery took 5 seconds to open. Needless to say he was not impressed and neither am I. He has an S3 mini, he took a photo and opened the gallery it was instant.

Everything stutters. So far I have turned off animations, I have switched to Nova, I upgraded to Lollipop and factory reset, I downgraded to Kitkat and factory reset and to be honest damn all has helped, How can a phone with these specs run so poor? If you've been a long time Samsung user you may be used to this, I am coming from stock android where its buttery smooth.

Any advice?
    02-02-2015 11:12 AM
    Clear the system cache (restart into recovery to do that).

Make sure you don't have all sorts of background processes running. The S5 is not a slow phone, but any computer, asked to run more code than it has the capability of running quickly will slow down.

Also overheating will cause the CPU itself to run slower to keep it from destroying itself.
    02-02-2015 12:11 PM
    I got this phone a month ago now and really wish I hadn't. I did noticed from day 1 it was slower than my Moto G but its at the point now I want rid of it, This lag is really doing my head end.

What I mean by lag is today I was showing my work colleague the camera as he is thinking of buying one. We took a photo and hit the gallery button to view, we sat I counted 7 seconds damn all happened, I hit the back button and the entire thing crashed, I got a black screen. We went back into the gallery took 5 seconds to open. Needless to say he was not impressed and neither am I. He has an S3 mini, he took a photo and opened the gallery it was instant.

Everything stutters. So far I have turned off animations, I have switched to Nova, I upgraded to Lollipop and factory reset, I downgraded to Kitkat and factory reset and to be honest damn all has helped, How can a phone with these specs run so poor? If you've been a long time Samsung user you may be used to this, I am coming from stock android where its buttery smooth.

Any advice?
    Are you sure? I came from nexus 5 andthis phone is almost as fast as nexus although not as fast. I think you got a lemon. Why dont you return it and swap with a new device?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-02-2015 12:25 PM
    How would I know for sure if I got a lemon?
    02-02-2015 12:37 PM
    How would I know for sure if I got a lemon?
    Because for me, i have never experienced that kind of lag. And my phone is smooth since day 1. Why dont you contact your carrier store to tell them the problem. They usually will replace your device with a new one

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-02-2015 12:39 PM
    I have googled S5 lag and came across quite a few posts on the subject so it seems I am not alone
    02-02-2015 12:48 PM
    More people complain about problems than people who compliment, because their phones are fine.

Myself, I've had no lag or issues with this phone since day 1 aside from the charging port cover.
    02-02-2015 01:07 PM
    Ok will contact my carrier and see what they say
    02-02-2015 01:11 PM
    Ok will contact my carrier and see what they say
    IMO you have too much junk apps on your phone talking to the internet all the time, and the cache is full.

I have two S5 phones and I can assure you, that neither one of them is slow anywhere close to the extent that you just wrote about.

Every time that my S5 slowed down, I traced it down to a bad app.... I have uninstalled all the apps that I don't use more often than maybe once every 4 to 6 weeks. why even have it on the phone?

I got rid of all of the virus checkers, disabled all of the Verizon Apps including their virus checker.

I threw out anything that looked like it might be a "monitoring app"....

I am pleased to say, that up until today my phone has been perfectly well behaved.

Today? My boots are trembling because VZW just released 5.0 and I do NOT want it, and I cannot prevent it.

I can only delay it 3 times, and then it will proceed regardless of my wishes. That is the Official Samsung word from the Samsung's representative.... I just talked to her about 40 minutes ago.....

so, both of my radios are disabled, WiFi associations are "forgotten"....

I will cruise along with only 1x phone service until all of the forum threads have cooled down and I see how bad/good this new update is going to be..... I think it will be a while before I let it happen.
    02-02-2015 04:11 PM