Verizon S5 5.0 and FoxFi

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Not working for me either right this minute, and it was over the weekend which was the last time I needed it.

If you're on Verizon, you can add hotspot by the day. It's only a dollar per day that you use it (just cancel it when you don't need it). I'm sure Verizon just caught onto whatever workaround they had, and now we wait until foxfi figures out the new loophole.

Posted via the Android Central App

dcowboys27

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Download h t t p s: // virtualrouter. codeplex. c o m / downloads/ get/ 621827. .... its a virtual wifi app for windows/mac. Install it on a PC. Next plug in phone via USB to this pc and go to the FoxFi app on your phone and select Activate USB mode. A popup msg appears asking you if you want to download a PDANet app for the pc part, download it. Find it on your phone, send the file to the pc and install it. Now the phone and pc are one via a USB line. Open the Virtual Wifi App, create a new hotspot and under shared connection select the PDANet shared conn. Your laptop has now become a broadcasting wifi device as your phone once did. Working well so far :)

Hella Jay

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Updated my phone yesterday and foxfi worked all day and night. The next day it's a no go checks for foxfi key then says no internet connection and closes wtf

emaypa

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
***** Change your hot-spot name on Foxfi then start hot-spot... Was broken yesterday evening 8/27 on your VZ Note3 and works now after doing so. *****

Thinair1911

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
My G900V on KK 4.4.4. So far has see no problem. I am very happy that I put up with looking at the update splash 20 times a day.
Every time I think it is time to let V load Lollypop some like this happens.

Posted via S5 G900V 4.4.4 ANK7 on Android Central

Last edited:

sweetz325

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Changing name worked for me! Thx so much!! Try restarting your phone if it doesn't work initially. That's what I did, and then it worked! Yay!

13wehttam13

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a Galaxy S5, I set up foxfi, which works fine for the first few minutes then if I try to download something I have to reset it on the phone every few minutes, If I am just browsing it does not stop. I have Verizon unlimited any ideas?