Is there any way to locate and wipe my stolen phone?

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I got my verizon galaxy s5 stolen last week Monday and I'm wondering if there's any way to locate and wipe the phone? I know it's been over a week, but do you guys know if there is still a way to locate and wipe the phone?

Last Monday night, I called the phone not too long after it was stolen and it went straight to voicemail. Later that night I suspended service. I went ahead and called the insurance I have for the phone and got another s5 delivered on Wednesday for a $99 deductible. I activated the phone that evening and it's been working fine since then.

I tried installing android device manager app on my new s5 and it wasn't able to locate my stolen s5 and my current s5.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not locating the stolen one doesn't surprise me. The one you have, does. You tried signing in with your Gmail, correct? You have the app installed on your new device? That shouldn't matter, but it might help.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Not locating the stolen one doesn't surprise me. The one you have, does. You tried signing in with your Gmail, correct? You have the app installed on your new device? That shouldn't matter, but it might help.

I just reinstalled the app and I signed in with my Gmail and it doesn't locate either phone.

Btw, does anyone know about if someone tries to activate the phone on a service provider, will it notify verizon or the service provider they try to activate on that the phone is stolen?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just reinstalled the app and I signed in with my Gmail and it doesn't locate either phone.

Btw, does anyone know about if someone tries to activate the phone on a service provider, will it notify verizon or the service provider they try to activate on that the phone is stolen?

Verizon should have blacklisted it. The perp will have a fun time trying to activate it to use cell signals.

As for the ADM, I am not sure. Location services on?

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Verizon should have blacklisted it. The perp will have a fun time trying to activate it to use cell signals.

As for the ADM, I am not sure. Location services on?

I had tried enabling location settings this past week or so and it didn't work, but I just did it now and it worked to locate my current replacement phone. I think it may be that I didn't have the right settings enabled for mode in the location section of the settings.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you didn't activate device manager on your old phone, it won't locate it. If you did, and your google account was removed from it, you won't be able to locate it.

Posted via the Android Central App

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
My s4 was stolen a while back, and it still let me wipe it and lock it.. Well at least attempt it. I have no idea where the phone is and I can only hope that I got it wiped and locked

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz