Verizon Galaxy S5 : how is your battery life after upgrading to Lollipop?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The built in meter and Gsam battery report totally different findings... These screenshots were taken at the same time (well, one after the other)

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-04-15-11-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-04-15-11-57.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_2015-02-04-15-10-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-04-15-10-43.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 209

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
On 5.0 - battery life seems fine to me. Lost maybe about 30-60 minutes of battery life, but I have multiple batteries so I'm fine.

sfogle

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Noticeably worse for me. One of my favorite things about the GS5 was the fact that I could easily get a full workday out of one charge and I'm sitting at 29% at only 3:40PM. I'd typically be in the 50-60% range at this time of the day. I have also noticed that my phone feels slower- Apps open slower, the wake button doesn't work as fast. Not a good upgrade for me. I haven't tried a Factory Reset because I don't want to spend hours rebuilding my phone and if that's what it takes to make Lollipop truly "Lollipop"...no thanks. So much for the "improved battery life" hype from Google.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you guys that are having issues are just going to have to factory reset it. That looks to be what others have done that aren't experiencing these major issues.

Backlash64

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
This is what I've got going on. Unbelievable 😕

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-04-12-51-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-04-12-51-53.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 143

PTAZ44

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is now terrible!! My apps in play store will not update. They start to and then after awhile i get an error "503". Very frustrating and no answers..what to do???

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Update : this is for today. Still amazed on how the battery life improve. I did a factory reset after I update though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-04-16-59-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-04-16-59-51.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 129

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the battery life has definitely taken a hit. I thought part of the shift to 5.0 was a pretty significant improvement in battery usage. Well, I think they've missed the mark. On idle the phone doesn't drain almost at all but once you start using it in a normal fashion it really doesn't do particularly well. Also there's no improvement whatsoever in the speed of the camera software opening up. It's still takes 5-7 seconds from the time you tap the camera icon until the camera is ready to take a shot. Pretty bad in my estimation.

I also hate that the battery usage information only shows you estimated remaining time and not time since last plugged in as it used to. It really wouldn't have been that hard to give you both pieces of information.

The fingerprint sensor has been dramatically improved, however and is now nearly 100% accurate on a first swipe.

Frankly I don't see what all the fuss is about. I notice very few significant advances over 4.4 with the exception of the fingerprint scanner improvement. The phone remains just as laggy as before and there is no apparent increase in smoothness or anything else. I would have been quite happy sticking with 4.4.

I'll probably be getting either the S6 or the M9 shortly after they're released so I hope their implementation of 5.0 is more impressive.

I'm underwhelmed.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Battery seems to be pretty poor so far. Granted, I downloaded it and installed it, all unpluged. I was looking at a factory reset, but don't really know where to start with backing up my device. Mainly, I want my music and photos backed up, and for my home screen to be back to normal (using Nova Launcher Prime, if that makes a difference) Where do I start? Pretty sure most of my music and photos are on the SD card, so those should be good, right? Also, I am not rooted, nor do I want to be.

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Battery seems to be pretty poor so far. Granted, I downloaded it and installed it, all unpluged. I was looking at a factory reset, but don't really know where to start with backing up my device. Mainly, I want my music and photos backed up, and for my home screen to be back to normal (using Nova Launcher Prime, if that makes a difference) Where do I start? Pretty sure most of my music and photos are on the SD card, so those should be good, right? Also, I am not rooted, nor do I want to be.

Download kies on your pc or mac. Then back it up all items on your phone. Items on your sd card should be fine. After you do the factory reset, restore it through kies and you are good to go

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

make darn sure that you backup your Nova homepages to the extSDcard, and also send a backup to yourself via email.

you can use Superbackup to email your contact lists, messages, etc... off the phone so you have a stable backup.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input, I backed up Nova and sent it to myself in an email, and everything else is on Kies. Hopefully it got everything.

BigJay1416

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

I just cleared my cache partition, and that helped didn't need to do factory reset.

andpaul657

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I notice now that if my phone is awake at all, if I put my finger over the heartbeat monitor, it turns the light on automatically. I don't remember it doing this before. It doesn't load the app or give a reading so it seems like it's hung up and always running. So if it senses that the finger is there, it turns on the light to take a reading. Is anyone else having this problem. I too am leaning toward doing a factory restore but need to prepare for it before I do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol