5.0 update on sprint

whoknows00100

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got my update in california on s5 what everyone feedback on the update before i dl my on the s5.

Posted via the Android Central App

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded it in Tennessee. So far OK. Had to reset the WiFi calling (turn on Location Services), when WiFi calling working, then turn off Location Services again.

Will try it out today and see how everything works.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just installed it on my S5 Sprint.

Works perfecrly fine so far. I like the material design a lot and the new lockscreen notifications are really useful. Not sure why it took so long to get a good informative lockscreen but now we have one!

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my update here in GA about 6:45 AM today. Everything that I have had a chance to check is okay. Few things I didn't like already and changed.

chickman72

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
It took about 30 minutes to download and install here in Atlanta. Be patient when it first comes up because it took about 3 hours for it to smooth out. Running beautifully now but still disappointed in the battery life. I'm hoping ART has some surprises in store for us.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The BEST thing about the Sprint Lollipop update for the Galaxy S5:

950MB of BLOAT was removed from the KitKat version!

We got almost a GB of extra space from this update!

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using it with a Gear Fit? Wondering if everything is still working correctly between those two or not with 5.0. I've heard you have to get a hacked version of the Gear Fit Manager to get everything to work the way it did under Kit Kat.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded it in Tennessee. So far OK. Had to reset the WiFi calling (turn on Location Services), when WiFi calling working, then turn off Location Services again.

Will try it out today and see how everything works.

I got mine in NC this morning. Wi-Fi calling is having issues for me, it will connect at times and seem OK, it's because my work Wi-Fi sucks. However, it's saying the address on the Wi-Fi is international, was this the problem you were having? I tried clearing the cache on both Wi-Fi Calling programs in the All Programs, still has the issue. Also, I noticed now Wi-Fi calling has 2 icons when it is disconnected, anyone else see 2? 1 is with a red line, the other is the old Kit Kat one with the ! through it. Once it connects I only have 1 icon.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
so far only running for 30 mins but LOVE IT. Dialer app is sweet. I love the new notifications and how the grey/black box doesnt come down when you swipe down now. Multitask windows much improved. Overall love it thus far. will report any issues as they arise.

whoknows00100

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
No bs this update really serious mess up my s5 i restart my cell. All my apps got erase contact gone n my texts i should never update to 5.0 i did a factory reset. The update still messing up. I only like the new keyboard the dialer n message app. But update mess up my cell.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87