03-16-2015 04:13 PM
80 1234
tools
    I'm not liking all the whiteness. Like the keyboard, settings menu. I miss the dark material design. Other than that everything is running smoothly. I haven't had to do a hard reset like some have had to do. The dialer is nice looking it looks more like google dialer but o believe it is still tw dialer.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-05-2015 10:52 PM
    Yeah I just got it in Michigan last night. Seems cool so far, haven't used a lot though. It is definitely very WHITE.
    02-06-2015 07:14 AM
    I factory reset my S5 mainly because I like to see how the setup process is on each version of android. I noticed that for the dropbox setup it said we get 50GB free for 2 years. I don't remember this when I got my phone last year and I certainly don't have 50GB for dropbox. I couldn't complete the setup because I have two factor authentication setup for dropbox so I couldn't see the SMS code.

Are we now suppose to get 50GB free on Dropbox?
    02-06-2015 08:01 AM
    My alarm doesn't work!

02-06-2015 09:29 AM
    My alarm doesn't work!

Do you have it on Mute? If so, you need to set up priority notifications and put it on sound but only priority notifications. I had to do that on my alarms because mute turns them off too!
    02-06-2015 10:39 AM
    Everyone is complaining about the alarm, but my works just fine.
    02-06-2015 11:17 AM
    My alarms are working, but my screen has lots of white (a bit blaring).
    Also, I'm going to have to figure out how Tasker works with the new version of "Silence" for my sleep profile.
    02-06-2015 11:38 AM
    Installed this morning on my S5 (Sprint). WiFi keeps dropping off and reconnecting. Anyone else having this problem. WiFi working fine on other devices.
    02-06-2015 01:18 PM
    Day 2 running 5.0
    No hiccups yet
    Unplugged at 9:00am - its now1:55pm & my battery is at 82%
    02-06-2015 01:56 PM
    I just updated mine to 5.0. And its stuck on an infinate restart loop. It keeps saying it needs to restart to finish activation. I reatart and then it will promt it again. Even if i hit later. Is anyone else having this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails 5.0 update on sprint-screenshot_2015-02-06-12-28-11.jpg  
    02-06-2015 02:03 PM
    Is anyone having an issue with the heart rate sensor constantly on? Whenever I leave the screen on and place it back down in a table, or put my finger near the sensor it turns on the red light. The process is also using a lot of the cpu... Never used to happen before the update

mc_gusto likes this.
    02-06-2015 03:03 PM
    Well apparently after about 20 restarts. It fixed itself

02-06-2015 04:24 PM
    You can't redeem it more than once on the same account. I got 50 GB free on my S3, and couldn't get it again on my S5.

I factory reset my S5 mainly because I like to see how the setup process is on each version of android. I noticed that for the dropbox setup it said we get 50GB free for 2 years. I don't remember this when I got my phone last year and I certainly don't have 50GB for dropbox. I couldn't complete the setup because I have two factor authentication setup for dropbox so I couldn't see the SMS code.

Are we now suppose to get 50GB free on Dropbox?
    02-06-2015 04:44 PM
    I know I am in the minority here, but I am not a huge fan of the whole card motif in general and specifically in the notification tray - because you need both an internal and an external border, fewer things fit on the screen, and I don't think that it looks good enough to justify the loss of space. The transparency looks neat but I preferred the dark motif. The animation for reaching the ends of lists (that huge bubble) looks cartoonish, and I preferred the previous more subtle animation. Battery life isn't great today but we'll see where it settles out, and overall things have been speedy with no obvious bugs yet.

I'm not liking all the whiteness. Like the keyboard, settings menu. I miss the dark material design. Other than that everything is running smoothly. I haven't had to do a hard reset like some have had to do. The dialer is nice looking it looks more like google dialer but o believe it is still tw dialer.

02-06-2015 04:55 PM
    I downloaded the update this morning around 6:30 a.m.. So far so good, I like the new material design and everything appears to be working properly. Things I've noticed so far, the OS doesn't appear to use as much memory as before. On Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 memory was using about 1.5mb to 1.6mb consistently now it's around 1.3mb. Also multi window no longer has the tab and only opens by pressing the back button or opening it from an app that has the multi window symbol. Of course there's the new notification panel and new look. I will report back after having more time with it.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App
    02-07-2015 09:28 AM
    If I download 5.0 and don't like it can I go back to 4.4.4 until they update a fix for sprint?
    02-07-2015 04:23 PM
    Update after 2 days:
    Soon after doing the update, my phone would run quite warm, and the battery was draining fairly quickly. Wiped the cache partition, but still no good. Uninstalled Google Fit, as some others had reported problems. The phone did cool down for a bit, but the problem returned. Uninstalled the Amazon.com shopping app (not the appstore), since I found that it was constantly running. I also removed DashClock and all of the extensions (not sure if that helped anything, but did notice that the battery extension was running even though it was not in use.) My phone did cool down and my battery life seems to have returned to normal.

It would be nice to change to a dark theme for the notifications, messaging, and phone apps.

Also there is a slight delay for message notifications to be sent to my Pebble.
    02-07-2015 05:16 PM
    Is anyone having an issue with the heart rate sensor constantly on? Whenever I leave the screen on and place it back down in a table, or put my finger near the sensor it turns on the red light. The process is also using a lot of the cpu... Never used to happen before the update

Yeah my heart sensor is constantly on too. Keeps turning red everytime something comes near it. My battery is pretty bad right now. I thought after a few days it would calm down. But still pretty bad. I get about 4 hours with semi heavy usage. No videos.
    02-07-2015 05:41 PM
    Yeah my heart sensor is constantly on too. Keeps turning red everytime something comes near it. My battery is pretty bad right now. I thought after a few days it would calm down. But still pretty bad. I get about 4 hours with semi heavy usage. No videos.
    The process also seems to be running and using a lot of cpu too.. Is there any way to even report bugs to samsung?

02-07-2015 07:47 PM
    The process also seems to be running and using a lot of cpu too.. Is there any way to even report bugs to samsung?

If I actually take my pulse it'll stop flashing red for awhile. But it starts again for some reason. So many bugs.
    02-07-2015 07:59 PM
    Day 2 with Lollipop, so far no problems. Just a few hiccups, for example; like everyone is saying, too much white, also, if I press the volume down button, it won't lower the volume of the notifications as before.
    That's a pain!
    02-07-2015 08:00 PM
    Also multi window no longer has the tab and only opens by pressing the back button or opening it from an app that has the multi window symbol.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App
    Yup.
    5.0 update on sprint-1423357344044.jpg
    Gray Area likes this.
    02-07-2015 08:02 PM
    After 2 days and a factory reset, I can say lollipop runs pretty darn well. Before doing the factory reset, it ran sluggish with significant battery drain. Post factory reset, battery life so far appears to be much improved, (will see once I'm logged into all my accounts and synced data) it runs very smooth except the occasional load circle spinning for about 2 seconds on the home screen when I'm feverishly running through multiple apps and then going back to the home screen (could be due to me having 11 widgets loaded on my home screens). That again only happens when I'm going through multiple apps switching back in forth for whatever reason and then abruptly hitting the home button to go back to the home screen. Everything seems to work well and I'm getting use to the new look which is becoming more and more eye pleasing to me. So far, so good!

Posted on my conviently, convient Galaxy tab 3 7.0 via Android Central App
    02-09-2015 03:38 PM
    I installed the update on release day last week and immediately noticed that the battery life was terrible. I tried wiping the cache partition and the battery life wasn’t any better. Did a full data wipe/factory restart yesterday and the battery life still sucks. I’ve got 35% battery left right now when I used to be at 55-60% at this point in the day.

Overall, I'm less than impressed.
    02-09-2015 04:31 PM
    I have not done a factory reset, I did several cache wipes several days...I usually do 7 at a time and I swear I did it 2 or 3 different days. Seems to be running smooth to me, I've been unplugged from about 9:15-9:30 and it's 4:35 PM EST now, I have 54% battery left. If I decided to do a factory reset, is there anything that Kies won't back up? I want to be prepared if I need to re-do something.
    02-09-2015 04:37 PM
80 1234