08-30-2017 12:09 PM
438 ... 15161718
tools
    No. It was bought used from Ebay. Clean imei but lockedvia activation lock. Used bypass method I found on XDA to get in an make new Samsung Account.
    02-14-2016 01:06 AM
    That is because it is impossible.

Impossible, definition = "if something is impossible, no one can do it or it cannot happen"
    Hahahahahahah.....!
    02-16-2016 04:23 PM
    Frozen at Samsung Splash Screen

I wanted to root my phone so I could create a WiFi hot spot while I was visiting my mom next month, who doesn't have Internet. I have an ATT Galaxy SM-G900A that I am now have service with Cricket (California, USA). I wanted to pay for the WiFi hot spot feature (only $10), but cricket said my phone was not capable with their current offerings. I guess my only recourse was to root.

I backed up everything to Google and tried to educate myself on the rooting procedures. Simplest first, i.e Towel (device not supported - it doesn't work for kernels past June 2014) and then found out I had to flash to a rooted kernel using Odin.

Of course not reading enough I now have a unusable phone. Frozen at the Samsung Galaxy S5 splash screen.

Here's where I MESSED UP.

Before I started all of this I was on Android version 4.4.4 and very recently did an upgrade to 5.1.1 (I was on Cricket's service, but since they use AT&Ts network the upgrade worked). I guess you can't down grade to 4.x when your on 5.x.

So while running 5.1.1, I tried to downgrade using Odin to the G900A_ND3_Stock_Kernel.tar per some instructions on forum xda-developers dot com which seem to complete.
    But this is where I got the Samsung Galaxy s5 splash screen. I also downloaded a full Android version 4.4.4 from Sam Mobile but when I used Odin I got this message on my phone:

UDC Start
    SW REV CHECK FAIL: [about]fused 4 >Binary 1

So now, I thought I would try a FACTORY DATA RESET and also wipe all cache. Upon reboot I am still Frozen at the Samsung Galaxy S5 splash screen.

At this point I am in dire need of some assistance. I am hoping that I can use Odin and flash to an ATT Android version 5.1.1. But where can I find this version since I hear ATT keeps these under wraps. Any help is appreciated.

When I go to recovery mode I get this
    Android system recovery <3e>
    LMY47X.G900AUCU4C0I5

When I go into download mode I get this
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900A
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    REACTIVATION LOCK: Off
    KNOW WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
    RP SWREV: S1, T2, R1, A4, P1
    SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
    UDC START

I hope I have provided enough information. I'm not sure how to the the product code, PDA, CSA at this point.

I have done my best to review the posts on this thread and S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide for answers.

Help!!!
    02-28-2016 06:51 PM
    Frozen at Samsung Splash Screen

I wanted to root my phone so I could create a WiFi hot spot while I was visiting my mom next month, who doesn't have Internet. I have an ATT Galaxy SM-G900A that I am now have service with Cricket (California, USA). I wanted to pay for the WiFi hot spot feature (only $10), but cricket said my phone was not capable with their current offerings. I guess my only recourse was to root.

I backed up everything to Google and tried to educate myself on the rooting procedures. Simplest first, i.e Towel (device not supported - it doesn't work for kernels past June 2014) and then found out I had to flash to a rooted kernel using Odin.

Of course not reading enough I now have a unusable phone. Frozen at the Samsung Galaxy S5 splash screen.

Here's where I MESSED UP.

Before I started all of this I was on Android version 4.4.4 and very recently did an upgrade to 5.1.1 (I was on Cricket's service, but since they use AT&Ts network the upgrade worked). I guess you can't down grade to 4.x when your on 5.x.

So while running 5.1.1, I tried to downgrade using Odin to the G900A_ND3_Stock_Kernel.tar per some instructions on forum xda-developers dot com which seem to complete.
    But this is where I got the Samsung Galaxy s5 splash screen. I also downloaded a full Android version 4.4.4 from Sam Mobile but when I used Odin I got this message on my phone:

UDC Start
    SW REV CHECK FAIL: [about]fused 4 >Binary 1

So now, I thought I would try a FACTORY DATA RESET and also wipe all cache. Upon reboot I am still Frozen at the Samsung Galaxy S5 splash screen.

At this point I am in dire need of some assistance. I am hoping that I can use Odin and flash to an ATT Android version 5.1.1. But where can I find this version since I hear ATT keeps these under wraps. Any help is appreciated.

When I go to recovery mode I get this
    Android system recovery <3e>
    LMY47X.G900AUCU4C0I5

When I go into download mode I get this
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900A
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    REACTIVATION LOCK: Off
    KNOW WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
    RP SWREV: S1, T2, R1, A4, P1
    SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
    UDC START

I hope I have provided enough information. I'm not sure how to the the product code, PDA, CSA at this point.

I have done my best to review the posts on this thread and S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide for answers.

Help!!!
    Hello and welcome to Android Central Slamt!

I am sorry to say that the AT&T model, G900A, on Lollipop, Android 5.0 & 5.1.1, is totally unrootable. See, [Bricked?] ATT S5 SM-G900A attempted downgrade from 5.1.1, now stuck at samsung splash screen

Safest bet is to take your phone to AT&T and pay to have it flashed.
    02-28-2016 09:49 PM
    Thanks ironass,

After I posted I kept on looking for an AT&T Android version 5.1.1 to download and came across this post that seem to fix my problem. (Since I'm a new person here I can't put URL into my message.)

forum dot xda-developers dot com /att-galaxy-s5/general/fix-samsung-s5-att-sm-g900a-lollipop-5-t3305497

I hope it is legit and there are no malicious things going on. I'm keeping an eye out. But my phone is working!!!!

Android version: 5.1.1
    Basebaud Version: G900AUCU4COI5
    Kernel Version: 3.4.0-5869384 dpi@SWHD4323 #1 Tue Sep 22 21:22:27 KST 2015
    Build number: LMY47X.G900AUCU4COI5

Thanks for all the information on here. At least it told me what I was doing wrong.
    ironass likes this.
    02-28-2016 10:24 PM
    Excellent slamt!

Glad you are back, up and running. Seems like a legit fix. Have bookmarked it for the next AT&T user.
    Slamt likes this.
    02-29-2016 05:43 AM
    My wife and I both have Galaxy s5s (SM-G900V). Back about a year ago, I got the update to Lolipop, hated it, and used the OP in this thread to roll it back to 4.4.4. It worked as described. My wife never upgraded her phone. Since the rollout of Lolipop we have both hitting the install later option that keeps coming up. we've been doing it daily for months. Is rooting necessary to get rid of the prompt? I hated lolipop for many reasons the short time I had it, and based on the info in this thread, if I were to update today, I'd never be able to roll back should I decide I don't like it after trying it out with the supposed fixes they've now included. Anyway, I guess my main question is: how do I get rid of the dang prompt!
    03-04-2016 11:47 AM
    My wife and I both have Galaxy s5s (SM-G900V). Back about a year ago, I got the update to Lolipop, hated it, and used the OP in this thread to roll it back to 4.4.4. It worked as described. My wife never upgraded her phone. Since the rollout of Lolipop we have both hitting the install later option that keeps coming up. we've been doing it daily for months. Is rooting necessary to get rid of the prompt? I hated lolipop for many reasons the short time I had it, and based on the info in this thread, if I were to update today, I'd never be able to roll back should I decide I don't like it after trying it out with the supposed fixes they've now included. Anyway, I guess my main question is: how do I get rid of the dang prompt!
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums Lollipophater2!

The only way to stop the prompts is by rooting I am afraid. Not an easy procedure on the Verizon firmware. There has been only 1 other firmware update, April 2015, from Verizon since the original Lollipop launch, (+ 4 security patches. However, because of their mega locked down bootloader, if you ever go on to it, you will never, ever, be able to return to Android 4.4.4.
    03-04-2016 11:54 AM
    Thank you so much for your prompt response. Do you know of a link that tells how to root the phone? It appears I have to move it to 4.4.2 to be able to root it, correct?
    03-04-2016 12:06 PM
    Thank you so much for your prompt response. Do you know of a link that tells how to root the phone? It appears I have to move it to 4.4.2 to be able to root it, correct?
    Yes. Verizon prevented rooting from 4.4.4, onwards and so you need to downgrade to 4.4.2.

How to Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V on Android 4.4.4 KitKat [Tutorial] | Android Biits
    03-04-2016 12:39 PM
    Yes. Verizon prevented rooting from 4.4.4, onwards and so you need to downgrade to 4.4.2.
    Thanks! For some reason, that link seems to suggest that you DONT need to roll back to 4.4.2, but maybe I missed something.
    03-04-2016 01:01 PM
    Thanks! For some reason, that link seems to suggest that you DONT need to roll back to 4.4.2, but maybe I missed something.
    Instead of rolling back the whole firmware it only rolls back the bit that matters... the kernel, to NI2, from Android 4.4.2.

Make sure you back up everything first. See, Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

There is more information to be had in the Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks section of the forum.
    Lollipophater2 likes this.
    03-04-2016 01:18 PM
    Instead of dealing with the hassle of downgrading, how about a way to add the Sound toggle back to the Device Options popup menu (long press Power button at lock screen)... that's the only thing I miss about 4.4.x Kit-Kat; I *really* don't understand why that was removed.
    03-19-2016 10:42 AM
    Instead of dealing with the hassle of downgrading, how about a way to add the Sound toggle back to the Device Options popup menu (long press Power button at lock screen)... that's the only thing I miss about 4.4.x Kit-Kat; I *really* don't understand why that was removed.
    Not going to happen. That's why updates are issued. Anyone still on the old Kitkat firmwares are not protected from the latest security exploits, such as StageFright, and will not have the newest bugfixes.
    03-20-2016 08:11 AM
    There is a way to avoid the "Update" pop-up on non-rooted Verizon S5s on 4.4.4. Since the first Lollipop update came, I've been dealing with that pop-up and having to hit "Install later" everyday (yes, for well over a year). One morning I was blurry-eyed and accidentally hit "Install Now". My saving grace was that I did not have enough space for the update (it says it needs 1.94GB). At this point, the daily pop-up goes away but you still have that update icon in your notification bar.I would not recommend this method (because as soon as that space becomes available there is no turning back) but it does work and I have been pop-up free for about 6 months.
    ironass likes this.
    04-30-2016 03:14 PM
    For volume control on the Lollipop lock screen, push and hold the power button. When the dialog box pops up that will give you access to the volume buttons. After your volume slider pops up you can click on the volume settings icon for the other volume options.
    07-08-2016 01:02 PM
    Hello everyone on this Forum.
    I would like to share something
    I purchased a Samsung galaxy s5 G900A 5.0 AT&T came with this Bootloader version (G900AUCU4BOF2)
    I would like to downgrade to kk 4.4.2 (G900AUC1ANCE)
    I was looking so hard to find the stock firmware (G900AUCU4BOF2) but i could't find it I just find the 4.4.2 (G900AUC1ANCE)
    I afraid Brick my phone if I try to do the downgrade 4.4.4 (G900AUC1ANCE) via Odin my s5 because the stock firmware 5.0 (G900AUCU4BOF2) is not available on Sammobile.
    Does anyone has done the downgrade to this Bootloader model and had this real hard time?
    The reason of the downgrade is because I don't like Lollipop
    Thank you so much guys!
    07-16-2016 01:38 AM
    Hello everyone on this Forum.
    I would like to share something
    I purchased a Samsung galaxy s5 G900A 5.0 AT&T came with this Bootloader version (G900AUCU4BOF2)
    I would like to downgrade to kk 4.4.2 (G900AUC1ANCE)
    I was looking so hard to find the stock firmware (G900AUCU4BOF2) but i could't find it I just find the 4.4.2 (G900AUC1ANCE)
    I afraid Brick my phone if I try to do the downgrade 4.4.4 (G900AUC1ANCE) via Odin my s5 because the stock firmware 5.0 (G900AUCU4BOF2) is not available on Sammobile.
    Does anyone has done the downgrade to this Bootloader model and had this real hard time?
    The reason of the downgrade is because I don't like Lollipop
    Thank you so much guys!
    Hello and welcome to Android Central osk4rin!

The AT&T model of Galaxy S5, G900A, is not upgraded by Samsung but by AT&T who do not release their firmware for flashing. Also, they have a mega locked down bootloader that prevents downgrading. See #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    07-16-2016 05:14 AM
    como lo hiciste por favor dime lo que estoy muy angustiado te lo agradesco mucho de antemano
    07-18-2016 03:55 PM
    hey, Anas here
    i have galaxy s5 active g870a at&t and i followed all the steps but it still doesnt work. the message box in odin says that operation failed all threats completed, but its not downgrading. can you please help me here, i really want 4.4.4 in my phone. kindly reply asap, thank you!
    07-24-2016 04:12 AM
    hey, Anas here
    i have galaxy s5 active g870a at&t and i followed all the steps but it still doesnt work. the message box in odin says that operation failed all threats completed, but its not downgrading. can you please help me here, i really want 4.4.4 in my phone. kindly reply asap, thank you!
    Hello and welcome to Android Central anas baig!

If yo are on the latest releases of AT&T's own firmware, then I am afraid that you are not able to downgrade.
    07-24-2016 05:07 AM
    Yes, I did a lot of downgrades on my S5 GM900F, from Marshmallow to KitKat without any issue. I recommend Odin3 V1.8.5.
    Before loading the new rom, first do a factory reset followed by wipe cache.
    If for some reason it gets on looping for a long period of time, remove battery, do another factory reset and boot it again. I expericiend this when trying other roms. Now I'm confident doing this. Good lucky.
    10-23-2016 03:15 PM
    Hi folks,

I got the 5.0 update for the Verizon Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) and really dislike it. Does anyone know of a method to downgrade it to 4.4.4?

**UPDATE** I was able to successfully downgrade to 4.4.4. Here is a tutorial for those who may find this post and want to do the same. My S5 is the Verizon model; this should work on all Galaxy S5s. Do this at your own risk, preferably while your S5 is under warranty (though keep in mind your carrier's warranty policies may vary and may not cover you in the very slight chance something goes horribly wrong.)

**UPDATE #2** Please see the forum thread for additional details on your specific model. If you have an international or Verizon S5, you may no longer be able to downgrade.

1. Download Samsung Kies and back up your phone data. Remove the microSD card from your phone if you have one. Make sure your phone has a good charge (at least 50%).

2. Download the firmware you want to downgrade to at SamMobile dot com slash firmwares. (All S5s are model number SM-G900x, with the x corresponding to your carrier. Look up the model number for your carrier's phone - example, SM-G900V is Verizon, SM-G900P is Sprint, etc.) You'll probably want the latest 4.4.x version. The file will be in .zip format and will be 1.5 - 2 GB large, so be patient.

3. Once the download is complete, extract the firmware file to a place you will remember, like a folder on your desktop.

4. Download Odin from a reputable source like Softpedia or another site that tests its downloads for malware.

5. Make sure your phone is off and disconnected from your computer.

6. Open Odin. Under Options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" should be checked.

7. Click the "AP" (or "PDA") box and browse for the extracted firmware file.

8. Press and hold the following buttons in order: Volume Down + Home + Power. Keep holding them until you see a screen that says "Warning!!" at the top.

9. Press the Volume Up button to continue.

10. The next screen will show the Android logo and say "ODIN MODE" at the top left.

11. Now connect your phone to your computer via USB.

12. In Odin, look to the top left and wait until you see in the leftmost box "COM" followed by a colon and a number, such as "COM:4". The number doesn't matter. Once you see that, you can proceed.

13. In the Message box in Odin, you should see several lines of text.

14. Press Start in Odin.

15. Odin will begin processing, and on your screen you will see "Downloading" with a status bar underneath.

16. When Odin is successfully finished, you will see in the Message box "All threads completed".

17. Your S5 should begin rebooting. You can disconnect from the computer.

18. If your S5 reboots successfully into good old 4.4, you're done! You can re-insert your microSD card. If your data is gone, connect to your computer and restore with Samsung Kies.

If your S5 gets stuck in booting mode (mine got stuck on the Verizon screen during booting), wait a few minutes to see if it boots. If it doesn't, remove the battery, put it back in, and try powering it on again. If that doesn't work, do the following:

1. Press in order: Volume Up + Home + Power until you see an Android screen.

2. Use Volume Down to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it. (Make sure you have backed up your phone!)

3. On the next screen, scroll to Yes, select it, and your phone will reset.

4. When it's done, select reboot system now and it will reboot. You should enter the original S5 welcome & setup process.

5. Restore your data using Samsung Kies. This will restore most of everything; you may need to re-setup the home screens and some of your settings, though.

6. If your phone still doesn't boot properly, you'll probably need to take it in to your carrier and/or make a warranty/insurance claim.

Depending on your carrier your phone will nag you once a day to update to Android 5.0. Just ignore these messages for as long as you want 4.4.

I hope this helps other folks!
    No, it may auto update while you're not using it. My dad's note 4 auto updated from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1, so you may want to go to Setting, Software Update, and find Automatically check for updates. Make sure that it is not checked.
    11-15-2016 11:36 AM
    well i think i found a way to fix this, but is really exhausting. its pretty easy but like i mentioned a bunch of files need to be downloaded in order to get this thing done. all you need to do is downgrade your phone one step at the time. what do i mean with one step at the time, well i mean one step at the time, you have to go though all android versions before you get your phone to the one you desire your phone to be at, any other way wont just work. this how i made it, i was a android version 6.0.1 Marshmallow build version G900PVPU3CPJ2, so i went down build by build without missing one until i made it to 4.4.4, build G900PVPU1ANK4. like i said, don't you even try to skip one build because you will just get stucked on the same error SW REV FAIL: [aboot] Fused 3 > Binary 1. again, ive gone through the whole internet and found no other way to downgrade my phone. this is no joke, dont look anywhere else cause you wont find anything. i have an sprint galaxy s5
    12-17-2016 05:02 PM
    hi guys ..
    i am a dev ..

i just want to mention that if the problem is (aboot.mbn fused > binary 1) like this ..
    so it is meant that you are tring to downgarde the bootloader ..

it is just simple ... go to the Downloaded Rom you want to downgrade to ...
    it is (.md5) open it with 7Zip !!
    extract all files that you find in the .md5 rom except a file could (aboot.mbn) ...
    now comperss the extracted files once again to (.tar) ..
    go ahead flash it and you good to go !!

sorry if was too late to share the fix for this simple problem !! xD
    12-31-2016 04:17 AM
438 ... 15161718