08-30-2017 12:09 PM
438 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Clear partition and do a factory reset. Trust me, it gives the battery life back and then some + MUCH faster performance (thank god)! Mine automatically re-installed all the apps and settings I had before so it took no time at all.

1. Turn phone off.
    2. Hold power, home and volume up key until menu appears.
    3. Wipe Cache Partition first.
    4. Factory Reset.

Viola... faster performance and you get that awesome battery performance back. I didn't think it would work but... it definitely does. It's a lot simpler and faster than re-installing 4.4.4 and you get a lot of extra stuff that comes with Lollipop.
    Uhm, no. Getting RID of Lollipop is the entire POINT. It sucks. But thanks anyway.
    03-15-2015 03:51 PM
    So much happier after the downgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jill Klausen likes this.
    03-15-2015 09:34 PM
    May God bless you...
    Jill Klausen likes this.
    03-16-2015 01:57 PM
    I was wondering, has anyone found anywhere else to download the ROMs?

SamMobile is horrifically bad -_-

If not, then I guess I'll just keep on trying.
    If anyone has a ROM for G900F in a dropbox, I';d love to get a link ;-)
    03-17-2015 10:39 AM
    On Samsung’s (Sammobile) firmware page, my phone was not in the dropdown menu BUT you don't just have to choose from those offerings. You can type in that search box, too. For me, typing in my phone as "SM-G900V" worked perfectly. Try that format for your phone. I downloaded the latest version of kitkat 4.4.4 with a 12/2014 date for lack of recalling what had been on my phone before. I did this the slower (READ: free) way and a couple of hours later it was ready to be unzipped and then saved ... very importantly ... in a location where I'd find it later when needed.
    03-17-2015 02:01 PM
    I revert it back to KitKat and now is working like before!
    Thank you so much
    Jill Klausen and PamelaMichel like this.
    03-17-2015 05:48 PM
    I have done the factory reset (many times)...cleared partition first, reset. And other variations of that in addition to the reset option from within the phone. However, mine will not go back to KitKat. It stays at Lollipop! I cannot send text messages. I can receive them, but cannot send messages back. I tried with Messages and Message+. So waiting for an update from Samsung/Verizon...could take forever. Any other way to go back to KitKat? Shouldn't a factory reset put it back to KitKat anyway?
    03-18-2015 03:11 PM
    I was wondering, has anyone found anywhere else to download the ROMs?

SamMobile is horrifically bad -_-

If not, then I guess I'll just keep on trying.
    If anyone has a ROM for G900F in a dropbox, I';d love to get a link ;-)
    <EDIT> I just reread your post. Sorry, Not sure which version you are looking for. My info below is for Sprint S5. You have to find the right ROM by brand and android version and region i believe. Try searching on androidfilehost dot com. Good luck!

download links in this post.
    search on google for this
    "[STOCK ROM][4.4.4] DeOdexed NK4 Kitkat ROM"

On the resulting post on XDA Developers, down a small bit...
    "Full OTA Download Link --> G900PVPU1ANK4_G900PSPT1ANK4_SPR.zip"
    03-18-2015 11:05 PM
    OP, thank you SO MUCH!!!!
    I am in process of Kies restoring apps (80% complete). Hoping for the best.
    Had to do factory reset, but got 4.4.4 running. Yea!!!
    03-18-2015 11:09 PM
    I have done the factory reset (many times)...cleared partition first, reset. And other variations of that in addition to the reset option from within the phone. However, mine will not go back to KitKat. It stays at Lollipop! I cannot send text messages. I can receive them, but cannot send messages back. I tried with Messages and Message+. So waiting for an update from Samsung/Verizon...could take forever. Any other way to go back to KitKat? Shouldn't a factory reset put it back to KitKat anyway?
    If you're already on Lollipop, a factory reset won't change that. You need to follow the instructions in the first post.
    03-19-2015 10:12 PM
    Thanks. That didn't work for me. :-/
    03-20-2015 04:22 PM
    The download no longer works from sammobile, where should i look next? No other sites seem to have or just link straight to sammobile
    03-21-2015 06:37 PM
    The download no longer works from sammobile, where should i look next? No other sites seem to have or just link straight to sammobile
    There is an alternative download link for the Verizon 4.4.4 firmware in post #1 of...

Verizon downgrade to KitKat - Dummies Guide
    03-22-2015 06:18 AM
    OK the Odin Method works and you have to get the right rom
    But there is a Easier way i shall try and be as possible not to tecnical as possible

1. Download Kies 3 ( That is easy )
    2. Open Kies (easy as well )
    3. Do not connect your phone (Thats DO NOT CONNECT)
    4. Here are two ways One Ring Samsung and ask them for a Firmware rmergancy recovery code to install 4.4.4 they will aske you for your phones serial number, with the code press tools on Kies and select Emergancy recovery code press the box and it will ask you for the code enter the code and follow the on screen instrutions
    5. As above but do this your self Open Kies 3 and press Tools then pic Firmware upgrade and inilaisation no you will need the Model number (NOT GALAXY S5) the full model eg GT-..... then your serial number and IMEI the best way is on the Box, this will then show all the firmwares installed on the phone or the previose to the currant ( as the phone is not plugged in ) so eg 4.4.4 click the firmware then follow the onscreen instructions, If you don't pic the firmware it will register and reinstal the firmware on the phone (Factory wipe) if this happens repeat this time it will show two roms pic the right one then follow the onscreen instructions
    This is somthing Samsung needs to change to make it stand out to users so they can do this
    Karleen77 likes this.
    03-23-2015 05:58 PM
    How do I find the model number if I don't have the box? I'm using the model number under my battery but Kies does not like it.
    03-25-2015 07:51 AM
    How do I find the model number if I don't have the box? I'm using the model number under my battery but Kies does not like it.
    Install, Phone Info, free from the Google Play Store for a complete run down of your phone and model number as well as country of origin, manufacturing date and loads of other useful information.
    03-25-2015 07:57 AM
    Foolishly didn't turn off auto-updates... battery is shot with 5.0... very pissed.

I have a few questions, one... I don't have my box... it is in London where I bought my phone... will I need anything from it to do this process? I bought the phone at a Samsung store in London, unlocked it, was originally using 02 prepaid as network, now I am using AT&T prepaid as network. Model number is SM-G900F... however... not seeing 4.4.4 or 4.4.2 on sammobile for my phone... just 5.0 - any ideas on where I can get it for my phone? Any quick responses to these questions would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeff
    03-25-2015 09:41 AM
    Foolishly didn't turn off auto-updates... battery is shot with 5.0... very pissed.

I have a few questions, one... I don't have my box... it is in London where I bought my phone... will I need anything from it to do this process? I bought the phone at a Samsung store in London, unlocked it, was originally using 02 prepaid as network, now I am using AT&T prepaid as network. Model number is SM-G900F... however... not seeing 4.4.4 or 4.4.2 on sammobile for my phone... just 5.0 - any ideas on where I can get it for my phone? Any quick responses to these questions would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeff
    Type *#1234# into the dial pad and give the 3 lines of information in the, "Version", screen as you definitely do NOT have the Verizon Lollipop update as you have the international model of the S5 and have possibly just had the British O2 carrier update.
    wudangzihe likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:39 AM
    I'm having a lot of trouble downloading the software from sammobile. I've tried different instances of 4.4.2 in both Chrome and IE, and both will proceed very slowly before hanging up and just stopping the download entirely. The furthest I got was about 25% completed before it stopped downloading. Is there anywhere else I can get this firmware, or any other way to complete this downgrade?

For reference, my carries is T-Mobile and I've got a model number SM-G900T. Does anyone have any solutions or helpful advice for downgrading from Lollipop to Kitkat?
    03-25-2015 10:58 AM
    Thanks so much. 5.0 was a nightmare. I got stuck on the boot screen and followed your additional steps and it works great. Now the fun of having to re-download everything again.
    03-25-2015 11:44 AM
    Wow sorry it took so long to get back guys
    The Model Number is in Settings and about device UK Models are SM-G900F Now on sammoibile here is the Link Firmware for Samsung SM-G900F - SamMobile Now as this model is also sold in Europe you need to pic the United Kingdom(BTU) Now The BTU is the open European Version and that is the only one that will work on At&T
    Now Sammobile Downloads are slow do not buy or use any other it just takes time
    Now to de brand i would use the 4.4.2
    PDA G900FXXU1ANG2
    CSC G900FOXA1ANG3
    This has the CSC change needed onece that is on Plug the phone in to kies and do the Firmware initialisation, This is were the fun starts as it points out that it needs to re download the firmware and it will re download the 4.4.2 and re install and it changes the CSC at the same time
    Then after its done that unplug and re connect it will then offer you 5.0 and any further updates
    wudangzihe and PamelaMichel like this.
    03-25-2015 11:49 AM
    Three lines are

AP: G900FXXU1BOB7

CP:G900FXXU1BOB7

CSC:G900FOXA1BOB7

thanks.
    03-25-2015 02:55 PM
    Three lines are

AP: G900FXXU1BOB7

CP:G900FXXU1BOB7

CSC:G900FOXA1BOB7

thanks.
    You have the un-carrier branded, generic, U.K. Galaxy S5 model, G900F, and have just received the 2nd of 3 updates, so far. The next update, OC7, will take you to the very latest and sought after, OC7 release. If you are having problems on OB7, which American variants have yet to receive, try wiping your cache partition in recovery mode as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide
    wudangzihe likes this.
    03-25-2015 03:19 PM
    Hi folks,

I got the 5.0 update for the Verizon Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) and really dislike it. Does anyone know of a method to downgrade it to 4.4.4?

**UPDATE** I was able to successfully downgrade to 4.4.4. Here is a tutorial for those who may find this post and want to do the same. My S5 is the Verizon model; this should work on all Galaxy S5s. Do this at your own risk, preferably while your S5 is under warranty (though keep in mind your carrier's warranty policies may vary and may not cover you in the very slight chance something goes horribly wrong.)

I hope this helps other folks!
    Thank you so much! It took some patience but your steps were laid out perfectly.

Everything downloaded and installed without a hitch on my PC. Kit Kat installed onto my phone just fine. My phone did hang up on the Sprint splash screen during reboot though. I followed your steps for the factory reset and restored my data.

Everything is restored and I am back to running on the chocolatey goodness ... Kit Kat! Lollipop is for suckers!

Thanks again!
    03-25-2015 07:06 PM
    Ironass,

Will the OC7 help with the battery problem or should I just the 4.4.2 reinstall? Very frustrating...
    03-25-2015 09:28 PM
438 ... 23456 ...