08-30-2017 12:09 PM
438 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Ironass,

Will the OC7 help with the battery problem or should I just the 4.4.2 reinstall? Very frustrating...
    See post #8 of Lollipop improvements are here!

As for using the worldwide, international, G900F on US networks, you should be fine on GSM for Edge and 3G but you may have problems on LTE/4G not connecting. You will need to check with your carrier.
    03-26-2015 04:54 AM
    thanks for this. worked a treat.

Only pain is that kies 3 shows it backs up apps but when i tried to restore it said it would only restore to same phone so i have to reinstall apps but all app data was backed up.

Also cant find a way of getting rid of the icon.

Other than that extremely happy to be back on 4.4.2 on EE
    03-30-2015 07:44 AM
    Uhm, no. Getting RID of Lollipop is the entire POINT. It sucks. But thanks anyway.
    Yeah and I found out that doesn't really fix it anyway It worked at first but now... it sucks again. Going to be downgrading my S5 soon. Maybe later today.
    03-30-2015 09:05 AM
    For those that don't see the verizon firmware on sammobile, you have to type it in and then it'll come up. Just type it in like you see all the other versions but put a V at the end. I just downloaded it last night and today I have gone from 5.0, that wouldn't let me send texts, back to 4.4.4 and working flawlessly.
    I typed it in exactly but it says "0 results found" like the site doesn't even have it. I can't be the only one experiencing this... can I? I don't see version: GALAXY S5 (SM-G900V). I see all other versions but not (SM-G900V). Can anyone else out there that has already downloaded post it somewhere so I can download it?

UPDATE: Ah, I finally found it. It's because it was named differently than the rest. Just type in "SM-G900V" to find it. Well... yay!
    03-30-2015 09:54 AM
    Does this downgrade affect my 1 years warranty on my phone with samsung ??
    03-31-2015 11:49 AM
    I hear that the downgrade is not changing the baseband and modem and can affect the phone
    04-01-2015 03:30 AM
    May I ask if this procedure will make it possible to use TowelRoot? Is it possible to run a custom rom?

The only reason I would want to downgrade my phone version/kernel is to get root. From what I've read rooting the Verizon Galaxy S5 is impossible if the kernel was updated from stock.

Thank you for your time.
    04-01-2015 11:33 AM
    TUTORIAL: Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S5 from 5.0 to 4.4 KitKat-capture.png
    Hello I am new to this site. I just got nailed with the new Lollipop version of Android on my Samsung S5 phone and I absolutely hate it. Im trying to go back to Kitkat version but I am running into road blocks and would appreciate some help.

As of now, I downloaded the firmware from Sammobile/Firmware website.
    I also downloaded Winzip. After the firmware has downloaded and I try to extract the files, This is the only file that extracts. What is going on here? Is this the only file I need?
    Can someone please help me?

thanks
    04-02-2015 06:14 PM
    I have gotten it work, but I have done the process three times using the three differently dated firmwares on sammobile for my UK phone. Battery is still shot and things that were working fine before simply do not work (eg - screen auto adjust) I bought it end of January/beginning of February. Can you think of ANYTHING that might help this? Any help is appreciated.
    04-02-2015 09:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	169286
    Hello I am new to this site. I just got nailed with the new Lollipop version of Android on my Samsung S5 phone and I absolutely hate it. Im trying to go back to Kitkat version but I am running into road blocks and would appreciate some help.

As of now, I downloaded the firmware from Sammobile/Firmware website.
    I also downloaded Winzip. After the firmware has downloaded and I try to extract the files, This is the only file that extracts. What is going on here? Is this the only file I need?
    Can someone please help me?

thanks
    That is the extracted .tar file that you need to flash via Odin in AP:

See, Verizon downgrade to KitKat - Dummies Guide

http://androidforums.com/threads/ver...-guide.902737/
    04-03-2015 01:34 AM
    I hear that the downgrade is not changing the baseband and modem and can affect the phone
    If you are correctly flashing the stock firmware from SamMobile, it has the modem, (another name for baseband), included for that version of firmware and will change it.
    04-03-2015 02:13 AM
    I have gotten it work, but I have done the process three times using the three differently dated firmwares on sammobile for my UK phone. Battery is still shot and things that were working fine before simply do not work (eg - screen auto adjust) I bought it end of January/beginning of February. Can you think of ANYTHING that might help this? Any help is appreciated.
    Are you flashing the correct firmwares for your model of S5 phone and CSC, (Customer Software Customisation),code?
    Are you doing a Factory Data Reset after flashing and then checking your phone out PRIOR to loading your apps and Settings?
    04-03-2015 02:18 AM
    Are you flashing the correct firmwares for your model of S5 phone and CSC, (Customer Software Customisation),code?
    Are you doing a Factory Data Reset after flashing and then checking your phone out PRIOR to loading your apps and Settings?
    Hey ironass,

Thanks for the quick response. I am pretty sure that I'm flashing the right firmware. I bought my phone in the UK at a Samsung store, unlocked it and am now using ATT in the US. On Sammobile I downloaded the firmware for sm-g900f United Kingdomw BTU. There are three options for 4.4.2... I have tried all of them... while I do get back on 4.4.2, when I go to Battery in Settings, Android system, Android OS, Screen, and Cell standby (after sleeping last night) are just sucking battery life. Screen is generally at least at 15 percent, sometimes up to 34 and Android OS and system is usually at least at 20.

I did do a factory data reset after each flash and checked the phone before loading the apps as well - systems and screen were still sucking battery. Any ideas???
    04-03-2015 07:52 AM
    I am happy to report that following the steps listed on the first page got me back into Kitkat mode!
    I did run into a road block on step 18. See screen shot below.

I must say, I was really intimidated when I first read through these instructions on resetting my phone back to Kitkat mode, but now, after I have finished it,there's not much too it at all. Just follow the steps listed. Thank you for putting this thread together!!!

TUTORIAL: Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S5 from 5.0 to 4.4 KitKat-capture.png
    04-03-2015 11:43 AM
    Hey ironass,

Thanks for the quick response. I am pretty sure that I'm flashing the right firmware. I bought my phone in the UK at a Samsung store, unlocked it and am now using ATT in the US. On Sammobile I downloaded the firmware for sm-g900f United Kingdomw BTU. There are three options for 4.4.2... I have tried all of them... while I do get back on 4.4.2, when I go to Battery in Settings, Android system, Android OS, Screen, and Cell standby (after sleeping last night) are just sucking battery life. Screen is generally at least at 15 percent, sometimes up to 34 and Android OS and system is usually at least at 20.

I did do a factory data reset after each flash and checked the phone before loading the apps as well - systems and screen were still sucking battery. Any ideas???
    There are around 6 different firmwares for the U.K. phone model, G900F, depending on whether you originally had generic, unbranded, firmware or lightly branded, carrier firmware. Your CSC code will tell you which firmware to flash. See #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide for how to find your CSC code and build details. Make sure you wipe the cache partition after flashing, as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide, (not just for the Lollipop update). If you have downgraded your firmware from Android 5.0 to 4.4.2, you may well need to do a Factory Data Reset as per post #2 of the previous link.
    04-03-2015 12:12 PM
    Hey ironass,

I followed all directions pretty explicitly. After the autoupgrade the CSC ended in BOB7 (if I remember correctly), now after flashing, it ends in ANE2. I suppose I will try to give it another go tonight, if that doesn't work... well... who knows. Would it be a good idea to do a factory reset and THEN flash the new firmware? Would that do anything? Heh. Thanks for your help.
    04-03-2015 02:33 PM
    I cannot comment without the full version details requested in my last post.
    04-03-2015 05:55 PM
    Ironass,

As far as the firmware and whether it was generic, unbranded, firmware or lightly branded, carrier firmware...I really don't know. I bought it from a Samsung store in london and was using an 02 sim card... now unlocked and using ATT.

AP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CSC - G900FXXU1ANE2

This is the info that I now have after doing the firmware flash last night. Thanks again for your help.
    04-03-2015 06:32 PM
    And these three were the one's that I saw after the autoupdate to lollipop:

AP: G900FXXU1BOB7

CP:G900FXXU1BOB7

CSC:G900FOXA1BOB7

but they are now currently

AP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CSC - G900FXXU1ANE2
    04-03-2015 08:48 PM
    Just a few comments:

Does this downgrade affect my 1 years warranty on my phone with samsung ??
    No. You aren't required to keep your phone on the air to maintain the warranty. (Which is about the only legitimate way to stay on 4.4.4.) But As far as Verizon is concerned, if you bring it in for repair under warranty, all they care about is that it's got the stock ROM (stock 4.4.4 in this case) and it's not rooted.

May I ask if this procedure will make it possible to use TowelRoot?
    Only if you go back to a 4.4.2 ROM with a kernel date earlier than June 3, 2014.

Is it possible to run a custom rom?
    Only if it's a modification of the stock ROM. The bootloader is locked.

The only reason I would want to downgrade my phone version/kernel is to get root. From what I've read rooting the Verizon Galaxy S5 is impossible if the kernel was updated from stock.
    Check the S5 Verizon forum on XDA Forums. The AT&T Note 3 has the same problems, and it's possible to root 4.4.2 and install SafeStrap, then install 4.4.4, and switch back and forth between them. Someone probably has the files posted in the Verizon S5 section too (seeing that SafeStrap was originally developed for the Verizon version of the Note 3).

Oh, and what you download from SamMobile is the official ROM. No back doors that Samsung or Verizon didn't put in there. (And you can trust most of the developers on XDA too. If the post is still there after a few days, it's okay. [One of the major, well-known developers was permanently, IIRC, banned from the site for being a little bit dishonest. Nothing wrong with the files he posted, they're just VERY strict about who they let post files.])
    04-03-2015 11:19 PM
    helllo i flash with odin my samsung galaxy s5 i think flash is finished but my galaxy s5 is staying in samsung screen what to do help please
    Attached Thumbnails TUTORIAL: Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S5 from 5.0 to 4.4 KitKat-111.png  
    04-04-2015 06:00 AM
    And these three were the one's that I saw after the autoupdate to lollipop:

AP: G900FXXU1BOB7

CP:G900FXXU1BOB7

CSC:G900FOXA1BOB7

but they are now currently

AP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CP - G900FXXU1ANE2

CSC - G900FXXU1ANE2
    Those are indeed the stock Samsung firmwares for the U.K. unbranded, BTU, G900F.

Try downloading and flashing the latest OC7 firmware...

Model SM-G900F
    Model name GALAXY S5
    Country United Kingdom
    Version Android 5.0
    Changelist 4469118
    Build date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 06:43:56 +0000
    Product code BTU
    PDA G900FXXU1BOC7
    CSC G900FOXA1BOC7

after first doing a FULL Wipe and Factory Data Reset as described in #2.3 and #2.4 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. After flashing, take the time to check out the phone as per #2.5. Bear in mind that although 2G and 3G should be compatible with AT&T, the 4G/LTE, "may", not be as some U.S. carriers do not conform to the same bands as the international phone models. Try turning 4G/LTE off and just using it on 3G if you have problems. AT&T should be able to advise you of the compatabilty of the G900F on their 4G/LTE network.
    04-04-2015 01:08 PM
    I am on BOC7 when I try to downgrade I get an ext4 error. Why would this be? Seems to me something about modem or baseband can't be downgraded.
    04-05-2015 05:52 AM
    If you have a UK phone and its unbranded the the firmware you need is BTU
    Full firmware List of currant past and presant are on
    Firmware for Samsung SM-G900F - SamMobile
    This is the only site i trust
    if your unsure on your model its on a sticker behind the Battery
    If you put the wrong firmware in eg for another country then the Modem can be a issues as that part of the firmware is wroung
    I have seen people that have bought the S5 from a shop in the UK but they were no UK spec phones and failed to work
    still as for Rolling back to 4.4 Kies will do this for you and it can also correct CSC codes
    04-08-2015 07:29 AM
    I am not one of the tech savvy people who understands everything about the firmware, software, the applications that run "secretly" in the background. It's all pretty mysterious to me. I wish someone could take the time to explain it all to me. Is there a way I can find someone to do that? I'd be willing to pay for their time and expertise! I've done research, watched tutorial videos, read message boards, and I still feel way out of my depth. I never felt the need to concern myself with any of this stuff BEFORE the horrendous Lollipop 5.0 "upgrade" but once I started experiencing that horrible battery drainage I tried to find any possible solution. In the process, I've been finding out just how much I really don't understand. Why are there so many things running in the background that I didn't open? When it comes to backing things up, I am confused because there are so many different ways, and different accounts (Samsung, Google, Cloud, etc.) and there isn't really ONE place that everything can be backed up to. It's so confusing.

I followed these instructions and was able to successfully downgrade my firmware to KitKat (I guess time will tell if my battery drainage issue is gone, now), and some of my backups worked and some didn't. I am confused as to why I am missing the last 2 weeks of my S Health data. I did a backup with Kies before I downgraded the firmware, and restored the data after the firmware downgrade was successful.
    04-12-2015 03:49 PM
438 ... 34567 ...