08-30-2017 12:09 PM
438 ... 56789 ...
    thank uou soooooooooooooooooooo much m8 your officially mlg thamk you i downloaded and installed the past stufff and roooooooooooooottttedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    05-22-2015 03:33 PM

First off, thank you so much for this guide. I am going to attempt to try it tonight. I just have one question (and i'm pretty sure the answer will help many users like me) :

I tried to back up my samsung galaxy s5 (G900F) with samsung Kies however it told me that my phone is not compitable and asked me to download Smart switch. So i backed all my data with smart switch, since Kies is mentioned on your guide, incase things go wrong would this back up help me or do i need to use Kies strictly?

Thanks in advance,

05-25-2015 12:21 PM
    This did not work!! Help!!
    05-27-2015 08:09 PM
    It's true, their (sammobile) servers are so slow. But I figured to download it and try to find an alternative in the meantime. It's dowloading and still says another 6 hours left, I spent the last hour trying to find a faster alternative but only found a rapidgator mirror which was even SLOWER.

So it looks like for now this is the only choice. However, once downloaded maybe I will host it. However even though I can say I'm not going to modify it, really I would even say to distrust even myself because you don't know me. So beware of the source from whence you find your OS. For all you know it could be a hacker uploaded for the sole purpose of inserting a back door trojan to use your phone as part of a botnet whenever you are connected to the internet. And then the concern about the hacker being able to read your sensitive data.

So that said I would recommend to wait the 8+ hours for it to download from sammobile. It's sad to have to wait for so long but so be it. I think I might download a couple versions simultaneously so maybe if the version I have doesn't work then I won't have to wait another day to download and try another one.

I hope this works. I just got this phone (G900V), and it had 5.0 already, I would NEVER have upgraded it if it were me. I am going to downgrade to 4.4.2.

By the way you can disable update notifications after downgrade and root by physically disabling the application. If needed you might have to find and freeze the update app using titanium backup. That's what I usually do. Also disable notifications for the update app and you'll never hear from it again. Just make sure it's really frozen before you disable notifications so it doesn't update without you knowing!

I was appalled to discover that Verizon locks their bootloaders. I'm glad I only go the prepaid route, and if it ever comes time to upgrade phones in the next couple years I'll be changing to another provider if Verizon still continues to lock their bootloaders. In fact I would have never even signed up with Verizon in the first place if I had known about them locking the bootloaders causing me a PITA. In fact I bought the 500+ 64gb turbo and when I found out the bootloader was locked and there was no way around it, I returned it so Verizon already lost $549 from me because of that, because I bought the S5 on craigslist. /rant

Anyhow I will let you guys know if the downgrade and subsequent root works or not. IF it doesn't work I will be canceling Verizon and going to another provider. I hope not cause I just want a working phone, but I WILL NOT stay with Verizon if I can't bypass their locked bootloaders.
    05-28-2015 09:30 PM
    Thank you so much. Worked like a charm. So happy to get 4.4.x back. BTW - it hanged up on welcome screen as you said. Anyone doing this make sure you have a back up.
    05-29-2015 07:08 AM
    Thank you so much. Worked like a charm. So happy to get 4.4.x back. BTW - it hanged up on welcome screen as you said. Anyone doing this make sure you have a back up.
    Update: I said yesterday I would let you guys know if it worked. It did. I wrote a quick writeup how to do it, I posted a new thread it will just need to get approved by moderators first.

I have downgraded successfully from 5.0 on Verizon S5 g900v to 4.4.2 (NE9 kernel) and also rooted with towelroot. It has been successful. Will post the link to the quick writeup thread once it's approved.

UPDATE: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...r-upgrade.html
    Lollipophater2 likes this.
    05-29-2015 06:50 PM
    will this method work if i wanted to try to downgrade my sprint s5 from 5.0 od3 back to 5.0 oa6
    i am asking this because i read going back to 4.4.4. might mess things up
    05-31-2015 03:21 PM
    It should work, BUT, I don't recommend it, because 4.4.2 is the best. Use titanium backup to back up EVERYTHING and then downgrade to the better 4.4.2 OS. Use your titanium backups that you saved to your PC to restore all your data.
    05-31-2015 05:20 PM
    Going from 5.x to 5.x will work. Going from 5.x to 4.x doesn't work on all models of Samsung AT&T and Verizon phones. But remember, EVERYTHING will be deleted, so make sure that anything you don't want to lose is backed up. If there's something Kies won't back up (I don't use it for backup at all, it's just the fastest way to install the driver), see Backing up an Android Device.

A few thoughts:

1. Backdating to KitKat will cause the phone to keep trying to update to Lollipop. Eventually it will, without giving you the option of stopping iy. The only way to prevent this is to root the phone. (And freeze the updater, if you don't want to keep seeing the "update available" and "update failed" notices.)

2. The latest version of Odin (3.10) is at Odin. It's clean - it was uploaded by one of the more trusted devs on XDA (no, not me).

3. Softpedia is not a trusted site. There's a lot of junk on their site. They may virus-check, but that alone doesn't make a file safe.

4. SamMobile is trusted. Unless you get a bad download, you're getting a stock Samsung file, untouched.
    05-31-2015 05:27 PM
    Hi, My S5 began restarting before Odin said "All Threads Completed!" and is now hanging on the Verizon logo. My device is still plugged in, should I remove the battery?

After a few minutes, Odin reported that all threads were completed. I proceeded to unplug my phone. I removed the battery because it was hanging on the Verizon logo and restarted my phone. It still did not make it past the Verizon logo. So I proceeded to the next step of formatting the phone, and applying the backup. That worked, and now I am running Android 4.4.4 using the above steps. Thanks!
    05-31-2015 07:46 PM
    dus this work on the samsung galexy tab s sm-t700 too???
    06-01-2015 11:48 AM
    i tried this and all it does is fail right out the beginning i guess i have to wait until there is a root method for 5.0 od3
    06-01-2015 07:43 PM
    works , thanks !!
    06-09-2015 07:29 AM
    This worked greaat, I did this for 3 devices; mine, one friend with a Galaxy S5 and another with a Note 4. Only issue was I got stuck on the Verizon Boot Screen and had to do a factory reset; since it was backed up with Kies it wasn't a big issue. Only bad thing is some apps have to be re downloaded.... But all in all well worth it. Lollipop is a sticky mess!
    06-10-2015 06:50 PM
    Will this work coming from build number BOC4?
    06-11-2015 01:57 PM
    Thanks for the awsome guide. My current ROM is G900FXXU1bob7 and I'd like to downgrade to G900FXXU1ANE2 in order to use Towelroot. I know that it has been asked before, but just to be sure: If I use Odin to do the downgrade I will not trigger the knox counter, right? Could someone please confirm?
    06-14-2015 07:54 AM
    Maybe im stupid as **** but. What? Do I put Kies on my phone? When do I put odin on my phone? What if my stuff is in verizon cloud? Can I still restore from there?
    06-18-2015 07:49 AM
    Sammobile.com is safe, I have downloaded all of the firmwares from there for my S5 and previously S2.
    Lollipop on the S5 is terrible, the phone is slow like a snail and the light theme kills the battery and looks ugly. Newer is not better.

After downgrading to Kit kat i noticed the increase in speed. I now get 20 hrs of battery life. The dark theme makes use of the phone's OLED display and is much easier to see.

I have rooted the device and have disabled 59 system programs! This includes: S-health, Knox services, weather, google+, samsung apps etc. You can use Link2SD or Titanium Backup to freeze or uninstall these programs. The S5 was bursting at its seams with junkware which eats up RAM, CPU and always wants to connect to the internet.

Yay! My phone has new life and is as fast an an Iphone.
    06-19-2015 05:56 AM
    the result is pass but my is on restarting mode ??????????
    how can i on my phone
    please help me .........................................
    06-19-2015 02:57 PM
    can i try this on samsung galaxy s4??????
    06-22-2015 02:42 AM
    I have a S5 (SM-G900F). I can't find a 4.4.2 firmware file for Canada as the country/carrier on sammobile. Does the country/carrier of the firmware matter? If it helps, my phone is unlocked.
    06-26-2015 04:18 PM
    I have a S5 (SM-G900F). I can't find a 4.4.2 firmware file for Canada as the country/carrier on sammobile. Does the country/carrier of the firmware matter? If it helps, my phone is unlocked.
    There is no Canadian firmware for the G900F model. Canadians have the G900W8 model. What are your, "Version", details as per #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    06-26-2015 05:21 PM
    In reply to ironass (couldn't quote you since I haven't made 10 posts previously)

My "Version" details as per #1.8 are

AP: G900FDXU1BOC2
    CP: G900FDXU1BNL1
    CSC: G900FOLB1BOC1
    06-26-2015 05:31 PM
    In reply to ironass (couldn't quote you since I haven't made 10 posts previously)

My "Version" details as per #1.8 are

AP: G900FDXU1BOC2
    CP: G900FDXU1BNL1
    CSC: G900FOLB1BOC1
    You have the Singapore firmware for Lollipop on your phone. To downgrade you will need to download the firmware below and flash it via Odin by following the links and video in #1.11 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Model SM-G900F
    Model name GALAXY S5
    Country Singapore
    Version Android 4.4.2
    Changelist 2749468
    Build date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 02:12:31 +0000
    Product code XSP
    06-26-2015 05:50 PM
    I did it! It worked. I work in tech and everyone at work said it was a bad idea and my phone would become a brick, but it worked. Galaxy S5, T-Mobile. My phone did refuse to reboot so I had to do a factory reset. Several times. But then it worked! Thank you SO much. My phone was useless with 5.1.1. Froze at every touch.
    06-30-2015 12:05 AM
438 ... 56789 ...