Not really sure I'm loving 5.0. Main concern is battery life degradation. The phone is no faster it lags as badly (or worse) than before and I see no significant improvements in the OS interface. And it runs much hotter than it did on 4.4. I cleared cache with the volume up/power/home button method and there has been no change or improvement. No way, no how am I going to do a factory reset. It would take me countless hours to set the phone back up and there's no way I'm doing that. I am almost certainly going to be getting either the S6 or M9 when they come out. If the S6 isn't a huge improvement over the S5 in operating smoothness and 'snappiness' I'll almost certainly opt for the M9.

Didn't realize how happy I was with 4.4. Is there a way to get back to it if so desired?
    02-06-2015 05:01 AM
    I think it does. 4.4.4 with dalvic was superb with respect to battery usage and overall fluidity (assuming , of course, that TW mucks up everything). I don't see what the big deal is with "material design" other than a bunch of white background, obviously Apple-inspired graphics changes.

With this wonderful 'upgrade' we are getting crashes, increased lagginess, bad battery drain and other assorted gremlins. It really is a disgrace that Android would let loose this thing on an unsuspecting public without properly vetting it. This is the kind of crap that leads people straight to the door of the iphone. And, after seeing this hot mess, I can't really say I blame them.

Yes, I'm pissed!!!
    02-06-2015 05:53 AM
    Yes, I used Odin to reflash...but Sumsung would force 5.0, unless you root your phone for no updates. It's fairly easy, but just takes time.

Old Rocker using Tapatalk!
    02-06-2015 09:16 PM