Verizon logo covers notification icons on Lollipop 5.0 locked screen

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded last night to Lollipop using (T-Mobile)... No LED notifications... 'T-Mobile' took that place... I have read every post online and spent the better half of today messing with my phone to NO AVAIL! When Location is on, there's a box that constantly pops up on my lock screen that reads: Searching for GPS. I kind of like the new design and layout, but the LED notifications not lighting up anymore sucks! I did notice when I was driving and charging my phone, the blue LED notification light blinked when I received a new message, but when I unplugged my phone, no more notifications. This would be a fun update if they could get a fix for this.

Posted via Android Central App

I still have the LED light up, just not the notification panel at the top. Two different things. Of course I rarely use the LED light notification because I get junk e-mail, currently it's flashing a blue light (not being charged). But having not having the notification on the lock screen is unacceptable IMHO

jrey03

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I realize that notifications cam be turned on and off and hog my lock screen, but I want the small notification up in the left hand corner just so I can tell if I have an email, voicemail, Facebook update, etc. I don't need a big huge list. I also know who my provider is. I now look to the notification bar and go "Oh, I still have Verizon. Glad they notify me every single time I look at my lock screen so I know who my carrier is."

amiddlek

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Glad to see I am not the only one struggling with this issue...sad to see that this has not yet been resolved. This issue is so inconvenient.

Ayara2001

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I completely agree. Lollipop just forced its way down to my phone one night, and I've spent a LOT of time Googling how to put stuff back. I don't want to be reminded all the time that my carrier is Sprint. I really didn't want anyone to be able to see my notifications, regardless if its a preview. I can't stand the new color schemes for open windows (especially Messaging, gah!). I hate the white backgrounds, and didn't need any help adding to my screen usage of my battery. And yes, if I had wanted an iPhone I would have bought one. Fix bugs, add CUSTOMIZABLE new content,...this really needs to go. I was completely happy with my Note4 until now.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree. . And yes, if I had wanted an iPhone I would have bought one. Fix bugs, add CUSTOMIZABLE new content,...this really needs to go. I was completely happy with my Note4 until now.

Completely agree. I loved my first Android phone, the OG Droid. I had like 3 apps when I bought it and I could add what I wanted. I'm fine if they want to put some apps on it for those who don't know much about smart phones, but let us CUSTOMIZE it if we want to. I do not want an iPhone and I hope Android doesn't make these like iPhones. Same (smart phone) but different (operating systems and look and feel).

DeeAye

May 20, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I completely agree. I simply want to look at my phone to see if I have a new text or email message, LIKE I USED TO BE ABLE TO BEFORE THE "UPDATE".

Cdub100

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I knew I should have stayed on 4.4.4. I hated the upgrade on my N10 and went back. I thought it would be better on my S5 phone. I was wrong.

schoen311

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I am SO glad I'm not along with this issue. I've tried everything to get rid of all the crap on my screen. I'm not a techy person, but seriously considering going back to 4.4.4 - I really dislike lollipop. I always thought my android phone was so much better than my friends with the iphone because I could make it look and feel like I wanted it to. Now I feel like the manufacturers/carries/gods that do cell phone stuff...are trying to make my android phone act like an iphone. Grrrrr

Olala Olalala

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Folks, I have the same (the T-mobile on the top left side of the screen). But I've found the solution to get rid of it once and for all..

I've installed different locker to my Samsung S5 - and this time it was CM Locker, and I have to admit, that this is the best locker I've ever used. It's very light, though has many functionalities (weather, configurable notifications, and even it can take a picture, selfie of the person who try to access your phone, etc).

Last edited:

techieTroy

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That gives you pop-ups on the lock screen but does not fix the problem issue in a reasonable way. I don't want to pop up messages. I just want the notification icons at the top as we had previously.

Thank you, and you are right that this is a sort of workaround. It just isn't the solution we're looking for.

techieTroy

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Note 4 on T-Mobile. Like you, I only want to see the small notification icons at the top so I know what kind codifications I have waiting. I don't like or want to pick pop-ups on the screen that take up more space and provide more information and I'm looking for. This is such an unwelcome change. It is so frustrating to have to unlock my phone to see what notification I just received.

I looked and looked but did not see any option to display the notification icons instead of the carrier name. If anyone finds a solution, please share it and point it out to Android Central.

MikeRHall

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll join in on the complaining. I don't want a full or partial notification that shows any information. I just want the little icon on my lock screen. Instead, I have a stupid label for my carrier. Hope someone figures this out.

littlelaiche

May 9, 2015
Visit site
To make notifications appear in your lockscreen, go to settings-> sound and notification -> Notifications on lock screen -> show all content. For me that wasn't enough. I then went to ->Application notifications and turned on/ the ones I wanted/didn't.
Before I had the juice defender notification showing so I blocked that one & then went to my email and messaging and turned on ->set as priority. That seemed to work for me... Now if only they can get Dolphin browser working again!

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here with AT&T. They could've just made it so the notifications show up next to it but no, those four little characters are all that's allowed up there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-09-10-07-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-09-10-07-23.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 21

ojocell

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This, too,is one of my biggest gripes about Lollipop on my GS5. Thank you for going to the trouble to share with us. I hope they get rid of the "Verizon Wireless" in the status bar. It was quite handy to wake up my phone and glance at it to see if I had any new texts or emails. I don't like the big notifications on the lock screen. The icons were all I needed.

mudsnoworsand

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I found this thread a few days ago since I didn't like the lack of notifications either. It was the only thing I didn't like about Lollipop besides the texting app when my Verizon S4 got the upgrade a few days ago. I tried 2 lockscreen downloads from the appstore. The one I liked was called SnapLock. "Verizon Wireless" no longer appears at the top left and I see notification icons now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney